Resource icon

All Versions How To: Separate Game audio from Skype & more, EASY [Tutorial]

MrGoogle87

MrGoogle87 submitted a new resource:

How To: Separate Game audio from Skype & more, EASY [Tutorial] - Separate game audio from Skype for Recording

This video guide will show How-To: Separate game audio from Skype audio for local recordings also works for: Ventrilo or Teamspeak. (Without VAC)

In this Tutorial I will be usefull if you want to record (plain) Gameplay without your random skype chat in the background.
The provided Tutorial is unique in a way because it does not use the Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) software.

Instead we are going to use different software which is also usefull for other purposes and use it to our...

Read more about this resource...

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Hmm, so there is no difference to using VB-Cable (which is free) or VAC or any other software, just that you use the Razer Tool?

MrGoogle87

The Razer software duplicates the original driver, for me I use the additional 7.1 surround function it provides (but it can also be disabled with the checkmark and it still works as the original one) I have not used VB Cable yet but I was about to try it!

Nice to see you comment right here Jack0r, about a year ago I watched your videos which helped alot getting me started with OBS. =)

Discohydra

Thank you so much for this tutorial. I was unaware of VB-Cable, and it's wonderfully easy to use. I couldn't use Razer Surround because I'm using a Logitech G930 wireless headset, which is USB, so it doesn't work with RS.

I've been looking for (would it be an audio repeater?) audio repeater like that for a while. VAC cost money and didn't work well.

MrGoogle87

Thank you so much for this tutorial. I was unaware of VB-Cable, and it's wonderfully easy to use. I couldn't use Razer Surround because I'm using a Logitech G930 wireless headset, which is USB, so it doesn't work with RS.

I've been looking for (would it be an audio repeater?) audio repeater like that for a while. VAC cost money and didn't work well.
I'm glad to hear you got it all up and working (with VB cable instead)! The g930 should work with Razer Surround aswell (but you do not need it anymore) I'm currently using it with a wireless (usb) turtle beach headset which is originally designed for ps4 only.
Mostly it will not work until fully updated Razer Surround with a hard reboot (I have experienced this myself aswell as some of my subscribers).

Have a nice day :)