How to record Zoom participation without echo??

ddflink

I am using OBS for zoom presentations with student participation. The desktop audio is on, so I can record the student participation (and periodically share audio from my PPT videos). The Zoom mic is the Cable Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable). The problem is, when students ask questions they hear an echo of themselves (I presume from the desktop audio). Is there a way for me to record the student participation ( and if possible present with the PPT audio) and eliminate their echoes?

ddflink

IOW is there a way for OBS to record the sound coming into the computer, and only allow the mic for output without the desktop audio?

ddflink

I am using OBS for zoom presentations with student participation. The desktop audio is on, so I can record the student participation. Since I also share videos (in a different scene) the Zoom mic is the Cable Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable). The problem is, when students ask questions they hear an echo of themselves (I presume from the desktop audio) and the recording also has an echo. Is there a way for me to record the student participation and eliminate their echoes? IOW is there a way for OBS to record the sound coming into the computer, and only allow the mic for output without the desktop audio? Please help
#support #tech support #remove echo