How to automatically switch the scenes?

Auronzolo

Hi! I would like to do that when I press the Record / Stream Hotkey, OBS will show my initial logo for 3 seconds and then change the scene without me doing it manually. To make it clear, I have this situation

Scene 1: My Logo
Scene 2: Videogame / Window
Scene 3: Ending screen (Thanks for watching... etc)

I press the "Start Stream / Recording" button, the Scene 1 is showed for at least 3 seconds, after that, without any other input, OBS switch to Scene 2. When I'm going to finish my video, I press another Hotkey and OBS switch to Scene 3.

Is there a way to do it using some kind of settings or do I need a plug-in?

At the moment I don't want to use a software (like Vegas) where I can edit the video, adding effects and stuff. My goal is to do all the things using OBS.

Just a suggestion, can you check out the screen transitions maybe? Maybe you're using a transition that does that? I dunno, that's all the things I could think of.

Auronzolo

Just a suggestion, can you check out the screen transitions maybe? Maybe you're using a transition that does that? I dunno, that's all the things I could think of.
I don't understand, sorry. I did nothing at the moment, I've just that 3 Scenes and I'm wondering if there is a way to switch between them without giving a manual input (like pressing a hotkey). I'd like just press the "Recording" button and then OBS do the switching things alone.

For example on the default obs when you first install it, there should be a scene transition tab on the right bottom. Also, the only plan I can think of is if you make a gif of your intro/logo and then import it as a media file in the obs sources

I'm not sure whether you will get this video:
sorry if it's inconvenient m8 i don't know how to send a video without making you download it
EDIT: vimeo re-encoded it so its terrible quality but you can kinda make out where to upload videos that are timed I think

I FIGURED IT OUT
yeah so you have to add it as a media file and then upload it into a scene with the plus thingie
then you gotta attach the video/intro/thingie and you gotta hit the play button on the media thing so it plays and then it will automatically change to your normal scene video

Auronzolo

I FIGURED IT OUT
yeah so you have to add it as a media file and then upload it into a scene with the plus thingie
then you gotta attach the video/intro/thingie and you gotta hit the play button on the media thing so it plays and then it will automatically change to your normal scene video
I tryed to click on the link but i get this message: Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

oop. But just basically go to your sources tab and add a new one which is a media source which you can upload your intro or something as a video which you can play. When you record, it should only record the intro until the intro time runs out and will automatically change to your other sources

Auronzolo

oop. But just basically go to your sources tab and add a new one which is a media source which you can upload your intro or something as a video which you can play. When you record, it should only record the intro until the intro time runs out and will automatically change to your other sources
I couldn't try what you've suggested to me, it seems I''ve missed something.
In the end I've installed the Plug-in "Advanced Scene Switcher" after a bit of research and it solved my issue. Thank you anyway for trying to help me!

Lawrence_SoCal

In the end I've installed the Plug-in "Advanced Scene Switcher" after a bit of research and it solved my issue.

I just came across this thread. Glad you found that plugin, as it was EXACTLY what I was going to recommend as started reading thread
As my livestreaming is not for gaming, I can't talk to that aspect of OBS, nor the plugin. However I extensively use the plugins Time, Media, and Sequence tabs. I use time based on a Scheduled Livestream to start Recoding based on scene (I have ~25) [the platform I'm using requires starting stream much earlier than scheduled time.. and for flexibility, I don't automate that aspect)
I also have lots of pre-recorded videos I play, and scene switch when video ends. Then at the end, I use Sequence to string together a couple of scenes (copyright notice, Good Bye, end stream/recording, etc). The plug in is super helpful in automating scene changes and I found author to be really responsive