How do I record a video in OBS Studio without any audio track?

Pranton

Is there a way to record a screen without any audio track? So that, when I import a file into some video editing software, like Adobe Premiere Pro, it imports without any audio at all – just a video track.

Hi There! My name is James and hopefully I can help.

I know that you can mute the audio within the mixer, but I am unsure if you can record only the video. If you had 0 audio sources in your source window, then no audio will be recorded - however, there still may be an empty audio track when you put the recorded file in your editing software. However, I know in Adobe Premiere Pro you can drag just the video clip onto the timeline (I.E you wouldn't have to delete the audio from the timeline every time).

Here's a quick video I found on how to do that in Adobe Premiere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r5BJsx2vSY

However, if having the audio track truly is a problem for whatever project you might be doing - you may be able to disable it in "Audio Settings" and/or in the "Output Settings." Or another alternative is to run your recorded file through Adobe's Media Encoder (which should be covered by your Premiere license). From there you can select a video format before you were to put it into Premiere.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. If I find a solution to completely negate the audio directly within OBS I will post it below in this thread.

Happy recording!

FerretBomb

Is there a way to record a screen without any audio track? So that, when I import a file into some video editing software, like Adobe Premiere Pro, it imports without any audio at all – just a video track.
Go into Settings, Output, Advanced mode, Recording tab, and deselect all of the audio track checkboxes.

Pranton

Hi There! My name is James and hopefully I can help.

I know that you can mute the audio within the mixer, but I am unsure if you can record only the video. If you had 0 audio sources in your source window, then no audio will be recorded - however, there still may be an empty audio track when you put the recorded file in your editing software. However, I know in Adobe Premiere Pro you can drag just the video clip onto the timeline (I.E you wouldn't have to delete the audio from the timeline every time).

Here's a quick video I found on how to do that in Adobe Premiere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r5BJsx2vSY

However, if having the audio track truly is a problem for whatever project you might be doing - you may be able to disable it in "Audio Settings" and/or in the "Output Settings." Or another alternative is to run your recorded file through Adobe's Media Encoder (which should be covered by your Premiere license). From there you can select a video format before you were to put it into Premiere.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. If I find a solution to completely negate the audio directly within OBS I will post it below in this thread.

Happy recording!
Thank you.