How do I point Application Audio Capture (BETA) to a background application?

ThierryPlatypus

I'm trying to record Valorant game audio with the voice chat included on a separate track but the voicechat comes from RiotClientServices.exe which I can't select in the dropdown because it's a background application.
I tried editing the .json file in the scenes folder but it just either reverts it straight back to the original application or doesn't work at all (probably inputted it wrong, no clue how to do it right)

xysteild

I've already been using this plugin and I cannot seem to find how to add RiotClientServices.exe is there any way you can help me?

ThierryPlatypus

I've already been using this plugin and I cannot seem to find how to add RiotClientServices.exe is there any way you can help me?
Click the + to the right of executables and above the trashbin icon (picrelated)
image_2023-06-23_155434731.png

Also, I don't actually have valorant anymore but I believe something broke in an update within the last half a year or so because I couldn't capture any audio from the game or the voice chat anymore even if I used the "Capture all audio EXCEPT sessions from the selected executables".

xysteild

All of this works perfectly, thank you! I thought I had the plugin installed but apparently I didn't but this still helped me add RiotClientServices.exe to my OBS.

so2nyme

Hello,
I have the win capture audio plugin, which is directly installed with obs, but i did installed myself the plugin just to be sure
I don't see how to add executables in this plugin, i just have these two dropdown menus

Can you help me ?

thanks !
1689895776265.png

ThierryPlatypus

Hello,
I have the win capture audio plugin, which is directly installed with obs, but i did installed myself the plugin just to be sure
I don't see how to add executables in this plugin, i just have these two dropdown menus

Can you help me ?

thanks !
View attachment 96047
This is the default beta application audio capture (BETA) that comes preinstalled with OBS, the one from the plugin is called "application audio output capture"