How do i get my stream as smooth as possible

firewolf

Hello

Currently im streaming dark souls 2
And i would like to make the stream looks more smooth and look like it has more than 100hz even though the game capped at 60fps i think i can make it looks more smoother on the stream cuz i saw some people doing it and i couldnt figure out how
So i would like to get some tips from you guys

My specs is gtx 1660ti
I7 9700k
16gb ram

qhobbes

1. Change the refresh rate on your HP monitor from 144 Hz to 120 Hz.
2. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
3. Having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".
4. Enable Dynamic Bitrate in the Advanced Network settings.

firewolf

1. Change the refresh rate on your HP monitor from 144 Hz to 120 Hz.
2. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
3. Having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".
4. Enable Dynamic Bitrate in the Advanced Network settings.
no change in the output settings or resolution ?

qhobbes

Your number of skipped frames due to encoding lag was 9 out of 1,637,556. You dropped 12,023 frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls. Start with those changes.

firewolf

Your number of skipped frames due to encoding lag was 9 out of 1,637,556. You dropped 12,023 frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls. Start with those changes.

I tried what you said and it ended up not looking great
The picture got more pixelated than before and i didnt notice any smoothness increase .

qhobbes

1. Are you watching your 1600x900 stream full screen on a 1920x1080 monitor?
2. Change the refresh rate on your HP monitor from 144 Hz to 120 Hz.
3. Your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the OBS sample rate. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
VoiceMeeter Output (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO): 44100 Hz
If you cannot change sample rate of VoiceMeeter Output to 48 kHz, then set OBS Sample Rate to 44.1 kHz
4. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
5. Your log contains streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as Admin.
2) Start your stream for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

firewolf

1. Are you watching your 1600x900 stream full screen on a 1920x1080 monitor?
2. Change the refresh rate on your HP monitor from 144 Hz to 120 Hz.
3. Your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the OBS sample rate. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
If you cannot change sample rate of VoiceMeeter Output to 48 kHz, then set OBS Sample Rate to 44.1 kHz
4. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
5. Your log contains streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.

1) Restart OBS as Admin.
2) Start your stream for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream.
Hello
1 yes i watched my stream on my FHD monitor
2 i did change my refresh rates from 144hz to 120 hz
3 i did changed my sample rate from 44k to 48k
4 yes i did run obs as admin

I will post the log file soon
Appreciated

qhobbes

If you're watching your 1600x900 stream full screen on a 1920x1080 monitor, it's going to look blurry because it's upscaled.
Change the Preset from Max Quality to Quality and uncheck the box Psycho Visual Tuning as these use additional GPU and could cause your game play to not be as smooth as it could be. If you're primary content is synthetic video (like gameplay), use the bicubic filter instead of Lanczos or just set your output resolution to 1920x1080.

firewolf

If you're watching your 1600x900 stream full screen on a 1920x1080 monitor, it's going to look blurry because it's upscaled.
Change the Preset from Max Quality to Quality and uncheck the box Psycho Visual Tuning as these use additional GPU and could cause your game play to not be as smooth as it could be. If you're primary content is synthetic video (like gameplay), use the bicubic filter instead of Lanczos or just set your output resolution to 1920x1080.

hey bro i appreciate your help ..

so i tried what you said and To be honest i didnt see any different in the quality that i was getting before
except for this settings gave me some pixelated / blur image in some areas in dark souls 2
image : https://i.imgur.com/LD62AqJ.png

i was seeking for a quality that looks smooth as it is looks like it had over 100hz video and off course a good quality image as much as my specs can handle

this is my log file from the last session i got

qhobbes

1. Your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the OBS sample rate. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
2. Your newest log does not contain a streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.

1) Restart OBS as Admin.
3) Stop your stream.

firewolf

1. Your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the OBS sample rate. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
2. Your newest log does not contain a streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.

1) Restart OBS as Admin.
3) Stop your stream.

hello
i appreciate your help
there you go

firewolf

1) Restart OBS as Admin.
3) Stop your stream.

hello bro any tips ?

qhobbes

You're outputting all 60 FPS so it's a smooth as it can get. The visual quality is decreasing because the bitrate is being lowered (due to network traffic) to maintain a smooth 60 FPS, at one point to 2300 Kbps. For more consistent quality, try streaming at 30 FPS VBR 3000 Kbps Max 4000 Kbps.

firewolf

You're outputting all 60 FPS so it's a smooth as it can get. The visual quality is decreasing because the bitrate is being lowered (due to network traffic) to maintain a smooth 60 FPS, at one point to 2300 Kbps. For more consistent quality, try streaming at 30 FPS VBR 3000 Kbps Max 4000 Kbps.
i appreciated
but can you explain to me why should i put my refresh rate to 120hz instead of 144hz ?