How do i copy a Dock to use in another Scene Collection

RisenNephalem

So i recently set up the docked OBS Soundboard, added all my sounds too it (34 sounds to be exact) and set up all the hotkeys for them all which took me a fair bit of time... But when i switch between my weekly streams scene collection... and my weekend Horror Streams Scene collection... i open the "Soundboard" dock... and its completely blank... and looks as if i'm going to have to individually add each and every one of those 34 sounds back too it and re-hotkey them all... Is there any possible to copy a dock, and all of its added features.. to then just use on another scene collection.. or am i basically going to have to re-do everything on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (52).png
    Screenshot (52).png
    961.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 33333333.jpg
    33333333.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 28

RisenNephalem

Really,? i find it hard to imagine that's such a vague question... or too left field... pretty common ask i would assume... how to copy a dock to use in a different scene collecton ?

PaiSand

Well, that is a third party plugin and you should be asking about it on the plugin subforum or wherever the creator of this plugin can be contacted about.

RisenNephalem

I did on that forum but no one responded and its been quite a few days, figured i could hope to find a way to copy not just the soundboard dock, but Any dock and transfer it to another scene collection

koala

I don't see any function that enables you to copy items across scene collections. Paste doesn't work after you change the collection, and export/import doesn't merge anything, it just replaces/duplicates but not merges configurations. So I don't see a supported way to do what you asked.
As workaround, I would duplicate the collection with the most complicated items, then manually add what's missing.

And if this was too much hassle, I would probably try to merge the corresponding *.json files from the configuration directory with a text editor, however that's not just appending the text from one collection to the other - it requires quite some checking and editing. If it comes to your dock, supplied by a 3rd party plugin, it's not even clear where and how it saves its configuration, so I cannot say anything about that if that is even possible.

RisenNephalem

Yea, i've resorted to just manually inputting them into each scene collection.. frustrating... just takes time .. so i'll work with it how i have been i appreciate the input my friend