How can I record my whole canvas for a speed painting video?

I want to use obs for recording a speedpaint, but zooming in and out and moving around makes it harder to follow. I want to work/draw zooming and moving, but I want the result to be the canvas that shows the progress, much like a not moving white canvas where the artwork appears throughout the recording. Basically similar to the layout of the time-lapse in procreate. I have a drawing tablet with a monitor plus my desktop monitor, I just don't know how to do it/if it's possible. I've looked all over the internet and can't figure it out. Anyone know how to do that?

FerretBomb

I want to use obs for recording a speedpaint, but zooming in and out and moving around makes it harder to follow. I want to work/draw zooming and moving, but I want the result to be the canvas that shows the progress, much like a not moving white canvas where the artwork appears throughout the recording. Basically similar to the layout of the time-lapse in procreate. I have a drawing tablet with a monitor plus my desktop monitor, I just don't know how to do it/if it's possible. I've looked all over the internet and can't figure it out. Anyone know how to do that?
OBS can only capture what you have on-screen, it cannot just generate it out of nothing.
In your chosen drawing application, if you can set a 'full canvas view' to be projected to your second monitor, OBS can capture that. It's only going to be able to capture exactly what you have on the screen though, one way or another.

OBS can only capture what you have on-screen, it cannot just generate it out of nothing.
In your chosen drawing application, if you can set a 'full canvas view' to be projected to your second monitor, OBS can capture that. It's only going to be able to capture exactly what you have on the screen though, one way or another.
That's a great idea that's basically the answer to what I was looking for. TYSM Now I just have to figure out how to set it to full canvas view on my second monitor