How can I play videos and images from the same folder and scene?

julian404

Explaining a little what I want to achieve...
I would like to be able to indicate to OBS the path of a folder in which images and videos are stored, in this way I would like the behavior to be the same as when a list of videos or images is played, in the case of images define a duration per image, and also be able to choose if I want the selection of the next slide to be ordered or random.

I emphasize that images and videos must coexist in playback because OBS has a tool but it only allows you to select VIDEOS or IMAGES.

Thanks for your help!

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm not aware of a way to automatically do that in OBS Studio. There may be a 3rd party plugin that enables something like what you are mentioning... but

OBS Studio does let you open an image and play a video file at same time. and that ability has existed for quite some time. it is up to you to size/position such content and 'turn them both on' or have them in own scene with both already turned on? You could display both transparently, but that usually makes a visual mess, so a side-by-side of Picture-in-Picture display would be more common, but depends on your specifics

julian404

I'm not aware of a way to automatically do that in OBS Studio. There may be a 3rd party plugin that enables something like what you are mentioning... but

OBS Studio does let you open an image and play a video file at same time. and that ability has existed for quite some time. it is up to you to size/position such content and 'turn them both on' or have them in own scene with both already turned on? You could display both transparently, but that usually makes a visual mess, so a side-by-side of Picture-in-Picture display would be more common, but depends on your specifics
Currently my goal is to be able to have a kind of slideshow, where images are shown (I would like to define that for 5s) and on the other hand when it is a video it would last as long as it has to last to be played completely. That is, on the screen there would be either an image or a video but never both.

julian404

I am trying to create a script with LUA to ensure that the "Multimedia Source" source type is able to rotate the path that is to be displayed, this already works correctly for me but for some reason the images are not visible, I have a black screen. :/

The main idea would be to give it a folder path, and have the next file in that folder be placed every 5 seconds, but I am having a problem viewing images and on the other hand I am unable to calculate the time that the videos should last using Lua