Question / Help High settings on obs but still blurry

samdwidge

Hi

I have a pretty decent enough pc and internet that can support up to a bitrate of 8000 but whatever settings i choose for games its still blurry. I have tried between x264 and Nvenc on 720 and 1080p and still gotten blurry image quality.
I have a MSI GTX 1060 6GB, an I5-8400 and 16 gb ram (which was a bit overkill in hindsight)

my log files:
https://obsproject.com/logs/SS4LS8YxoEpLrssG

Please help me!
1551366740304.png

Last edited:

koala

You set a strange canvas size of 1444x1080, which is roughly aspect ratio 4x3, but rescale your output to 1280x720, which is aspect ratio 16x9. This will produce a distorted image. Usual canvas size with a 1920x1080 monitor is 1920x1080.

koala

If you don't record the native game resolution, but rescale to a smaller resolution, the rescaling produces some blurriness. This cannot be avoided. Rescaling to a lower resolution don't just cut pixels, it distributes the pixels that would be cut to some degree to the neighboring pixels. This distribution causes blurriness. This can be seen with text and sharp lines, but ususally not with environment images such as landscape or people.
If you cannot stand this, don't rescale but output the same resolution as the game.

By the way, if you record only, change the encoder to "NVENC (new)" and choose CQP as rate control with a CQP value of 15-25 (lower values mean higher quality). This is much better suited for recordings than any CBR or VBR rate control, which is meant for streaming only, not for recording.

samdwidge

im streaming and recording both on nvenc (old version) because the new version lags and tbh it doesnt look too bad