High CPU Usage Since Update to 27.2.1

Nocturnal Lunacy

I've noticed today that all my games are lagging as I am streaming where it never did it before. So I opened up task manager and now since the update OBS is using 60+% cpu whereas it only used 20% avg with my current settings. Now its 40% higher. And now it's barely using any gpu which before it was using around 13-40%. I will include a log file. MyLog
Does the log file show my system stats? If not I can post that if needed. But nothing has changed other than the update to 27.2.1. Before the update I've had no issues other than the occasional high encoding when I've got too many browser windows open and it takes like 10 or more.

Nocturnal Lunacy

UPDATE: Since I can't seem to find an edit option on my original post...I ended my stream and OBS actually spiked to over 90% while it was sitting there doing nothing. I went thru each browser plugin and every source activating them and inactivating them and no change. I tried changes scenes and no change. OBS is already set for max performance in control panel and on windows. (I know my way around a computer lol) If I remember right windows updated the .net and a few other things that are around the same time obs updated or slightly before. Anyway, how can I revert back to a working version of obs until this gets fixed?

cyclemat

okay little tip
make a Scene per game ! name is like the game mack a good background behind and then only use what you realy need
you have over
20 VLC sources in one Scene
30 Filters
ca 20 Gamecapture
1 display capture.
IN ONE F...... SCENE !

its only an FX-8370 an 8 years old CPU witch shows like an 8 core but it isnt in real

did you had the streamlabs plugin installed ?

and your bitrate ????

READ THIS !!!!!

1646154347772.png

1646154462324.png

Nocturnal Lunacy

okay little tip
make a Scene per game ! name is like the game mack a good background behind and then only use what you realy need
you have over
20 VLC sources in one Scene
30 Filters
ca 20 Gamecapture
1 display capture.
IN ONE F...... SCENE !

its only an FX-8370 an 8 years old CPU witch shows like an 8 core but it isnt in real

did you had the streamlabs plugin installed ?

and your bitrate ????

READ THIS !!!!!

View attachment 81153

View attachment 81154
Yeah yeah ive heard all this crap before and yall just listening to bs the stupid brainwashing corporate puppets say. All them vlc captures are empty. I have nothing in them they are just pretty much placeholders. All them filters are inactive, All them games have nothing linked to them anymore and are as the others just empty placeholders. And all are inactive. At any time I am streaming only 4 things are running in obs at once. It just looks scary lol believe me your brain is making more than what it is.

Nocturnal Lunacy

Okay well I solved it myself. I left the OBS folder alone and ended up just deleting the obs-studio folder. Then I just reinstalled the obs. Didn't have time to test it until now and obs is running even better than before at 5% cpu usage and 7% gpu. Whereas even before the high cpu spikes it was around 10-15%. IDK what broke, I assume a driver decided to commit suicide or something.