Question / Help High CPU usage/lagging (good computer)

Hey, thanks for the replies @dping
I'll probably visit my local computer store soon.

I've just found out that the framerate dropping is only in OSBuddy and will only occur if I'm in a place (on RuneScape) with a lot of players in. (so probably a lot of movement, changing frames etc.)

This would mean this causes me to ''lagg'' but is there anything that could prevent this?

dping

Hey, thanks for the replies @dping
I'll probably visit my local computer store soon.

I've just found out that the framerate dropping is only in OSBuddy and will only occur if I'm in a place (on RuneScape) with a lot of players in. (so probably a lot of movement, changing frames etc.)

This would mean this causes me to ''lagg'' but is there anything that could prevent this?
I'm just using common sense here, yes.

I'm just using common sense here, yes.

OK, but to be honest (I forgot to mention), I have already brought my laptop for a service check (they cleaned it too) less than 2 months ago.

I figured the nvidia card resolves in high temperatures.

The only problem I'm suffering from is the (sometimes) low FPS rate on OSBuddy. Could internet/router settings have anything to do with this? It seems that I can't just find the right fix for this problem. :(

dping

OK, but to be honest (I forgot to mention), I have already brought my laptop for a service check (they cleaned it too) less than 2 months ago.

I figured the nvidia card resolves in high temperatures.

The only problem I'm suffering from is the (sometimes) low FPS rate on OSBuddy. Could internet/router settings have anything to do with this? It seems that I can't just find the right fix for this problem. :(

I've heard of people having issues with OSBuddy and OBS but those were mainly black screen issues with game capture. we just have to make sure that all your OBS settings are correct and hope that you find what the issue is, even if it is OSBuddy.

I've heard of people having issues with OSBuddy and OBS but those were mainly black screen issues with game capture. we just have to make sure that all your OBS settings are correct and hope that you find what the issue is, even if it is OSBuddy.

Would another codec make a big difference? (nvidia/quicksync)

dping

Would another codec make a big difference? (nvidia/quicksync)
Based on your current settings, NVENC would work best for you, but the quality will not be as good as x264. in fact, to get the same quality, you'll need about 500 more bitrate.

Again, if you experiment, and your gaming experience is better, then I wouldn't blame you for using either.

Based on your current settings, NVENC would work best for you, but the quality will not be as good as x264. in fact, to get the same quality, you'll need about 500 more bitrate.

Again, if you experiment, and your gaming experience is better, then I wouldn't blame you for using either.

I have been streaming yesterday using the x264 codec, 720p@30fps. Was not too bad, but still had issues with framerate.
As for the settings, I've been using my integrated intel graphics card which still caused the CPU to reach 70 degrees celcius. So I'm thinking that it's not what graphics card I use, but more the CPU usage in general.

I'll contact my laptop manufacturer and tell them exactly what problems occur and see if they have an answer for it.

Do you think it would be wise to look into the (over)heat problems that you noted before? E.g. considering investing in thermal cooling paste?

Thanks again.

edit: Does the (max.) bitrate have influence on CPU usage/framerate dropping? (I thought it doesn't)
As for internet bandwith, I'd have no problem using more bitrate.

dping

I have been streaming yesterday using the x264 codec, 720p@30fps. Was not too bad, but still had issues with framerate.
As for the settings, I've been using my integrated intel graphics card which still caused the CPU to reach 70 degrees celcius. So I'm thinking that it's not what graphics card I use, but more the CPU usage in general.

I'll contact my laptop manufacturer and tell them exactly what problems occur and see if they have an answer for it.

Do you think it would be wise to look into the (over)heat problems that you noted before? E.g. considering investing in thermal cooling paste?

Thanks again.

edit: Does the (max.) bitrate have influence on CPU usage/framerate dropping? (I thought it doesn't)
As for internet bandwith, I'd have no problem using more bitrate.
not usually.

A pretty accurate read on anything you want to know about paste:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-heat-sink-heat-spreader,3600.html

Arctic MX-4 is most people's choice for a non metallic compound

I'll buy it and let the guy at the computer store apply it for me.
Thanks for all your help @dping

If anyone else has any ideas/suggestions, they are all welcome!

Sum up:
Framerate lag in a client called OSBuddy (RuneScape), CPU temperatures of like 70-80 degrees while streaming.
I want to fix the framerate lagg which mostly occurs at highly populated places (moving picture)

It's funny, I've been streaming on my dads computer (Acer Predator G5900) and I've had the same problem with low frame rate. (Note: the temp. of the CPU doesn't rise as high as my laptop does. Stayed around 60 degrees celcius.)

dping

It's funny, I've been streaming on my dads computer (Acer Predator G5900) and I've had the same problem with low frame rate. (Note: the temp. of the CPU doesn't rise as high as my laptop does. Stayed around 60 degrees celcius.)
temps aren't always the issue and desktop PCs cant get as hot as their laptop counterparts.

temps aren't always the issue and desktop PCs cant get as hot as their laptop counterparts.

Yeah but still weird that it laggs on multiple computers.
By the way, not sure if I mentioned it before, but Oldschool Runescape seems to run on a single core.

dping

Yeah but still weird that it laggs on multiple computers.
By the way, not sure if I mentioned it before, but Oldschool Runescape seems to run on a single core.
If you like, you can post the log from that PC as well, make sure you label it as separate.