Help with scenes

some_roman

Hi everyone, I have a question and I don't know if it is possible to do what I want to do:
I have 10 scenes, each one with 2 multimedia sources (2 videos in each scene), the problem starts here, all the videos are in 1080p, considering this, I have 20 1080p videos at the same time and my computer is going to explode.
I would like to know if I can automatically pause the videos of the scenes when they are not selected, that is, I can only select a scene, and the logical thing would be that only the videos within that scene are in reproduction, and that the others are paused when they are not used. Is it possible to do this?

Considering that there are 10 scenes, I would like it to be automatic ... is it too much to ask? hahaha

Thanks to all for read me

Attachments

• Sin título2.png
    Sin título2.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 16

Lawrence_SoCal

I suspect this belongs in an OS appropriate support forum vs resource requests. You should repost if an Admin can't/doesn't move this for you (not even if such is possible). You won't get much help in this forum for this type of question

For quick reference, I use Windows and OBS v25. When a scene isn't active (I use over 20 scenes), the OBS native media sources are also NOT active (not playing ie my pre-recorded videos). I'm NOT using VLC or capturing some other media player's output.
However, when I switch to a scene, if I've enabled a Media source, it will auto-start playing from the beginning (so, no I can't pause and can back to scene and start again from where I left it)

some_roman

I suspect this belongs in an OS appropriate support forum vs resource requests. You should repost if an Admin can't/doesn't move this for you (not even if such is possible). You won't get much help in this forum for this type of question

For quick reference, I use Windows and OBS v25. When a scene isn't active (I use over 20 scenes), the OBS native media sources are also NOT active (not playing ie my pre-recorded videos). I'm NOT using VLC or capturing some other media player's output.
However, when I switch to a scene, if I've enabled a Media source, it will auto-start playing from the beginning (so, no I can't pause and can back to scene and start again from where I left it)

Hey! Thanks for answering, I don't know where to put this forum, I don't speak Spanish, I write this from google translate... :(

I have unchecked the box "restart playback when the source is active" because I don't want the video to start again from 0 every time I select the scene, and selected "close the file when inactive" but it still consumes too much cpu,
I also use windows, and I don't know what version of obs I have, the program simply says "OBS Studio (64bit)"

I show you my settings for each video:

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    373.4 KB · Views: 16