Help: Pro Presenter NDI not compatible with OBS Studio 28.0.2

hangahliong

Hey guys,

Do you anyone of you have a fixed regarding connecting Pro Presenter NDI to the new OBS Studio 28.0.2 because it seems like its not communicating to each other?

Here is my setup:

My camera plugs to Blackmagic Atem Mini which is compatible with the new version of OBS 28.0.2 but it seems the other computer that run pro presenter ndi for lyric and slideshow presentation its not connecting even though the two computer is connected to the same wifi network.

Please assist!

Thank you

phill122004

Hey guys,

Do you anyone of you have a fixed regarding connecting Pro Presenter NDI to the new OBS Studio 28.0.2 because it seems like its not communicating to each other?

Here is my setup:

My camera plugs to Blackmagic Atem Mini which is compatible with the new version of OBS 28.0.2 but it seems the other computer that run pro presenter ndi for lyric and slideshow presentation its not connecting even though the two computer is connected to the same wifi network.

Please assist!

Thank you
NDI is currently not supported on OBS 28.0.2. It is listed as under construction, so perhaps an update will be out soon. As for now, you need to downgrade OBS back to 27 in order to use NDI with propresenter 7.

schrauger

I have a feeling it's a bug in ProPresenter. I was getting issues with ProPresenter NDI output with OBS 27, and it happened immediately after updating ProPresenter 7 to the latest update.

My temporary fix was to rename the Screen NDI output "name" inside ProPresenter, then re-select the Source field in OBS Studio to point to the new NDI stream. That always fixed it for a certain amount of time. I have to do this each time I restart ProPresenter, so it's a very annoying fix, but simple enough. Just keep incrementing an integer in the name field (I'm up to "ProPresenter Lyrics 13" right now).

Updating to OBS 28 did not fix the issue. I tried that, thinking maybe ProPresenter had upgraded to NDI v5 and had backwards compatibility issues. The beta plugin for OBS NDI has v5 support, but it didn't solve my specific issue. Though my renaming trick still worked.

schrauger

In fact, I had just registered today at this forum to comment saying I was still having issues and to present my temporary solution, and I just checked the ProPresenter updates. There is an update that was released 3 days ago. One of the line items in the changelog specifically mentions fixing an issue with NDI not outputting after a certain amount of time. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I hope this new update will fix my recurring issues.

• Fixes an issue where SDI and NDI outputs would stop updating after an indeterminate period of time.

Try installing ProPresenter 7.10.2, released 2022-10-20.

AbernathyU

In fact, I had just registered today at this forum to comment saying I was still having issues and to present my temporary solution, and I just checked the ProPresenter updates. There is an update that was released 3 days ago. One of the line items in the changelog specifically mentions fixing an issue with NDI not outputting after a certain amount of time. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I hope this new update will fix my recurring issues.

Try installing ProPresenter 7.10.2, released 2022-10-20.
Did you get this to work? I am trying to output to Propeesenter 7 and it is not finding the signal. How are you sending to ProP?