HELP Mic Audio Issues while using NDI plugin

JustPaul

I'm using a Shure Beta 58a Microphone XLR into a Behringer X1204USB Mixer into my PC
When I test my vocal audio in OBS without NDI the vocals sound great.
when I activate NDI all the sudden the volume of the vocals is halved and the audio quality has cracks and popping noises like a bad vinyl record.
If I raise the Audio db on NDI the sound quality worsens.
all volumes and gains are at a optimal level without NDI.
Help please as I really need NDI to work

Lawrence_SoCal

My recommendation - learn to use Windows Task Manager (Performance tab) and/or Resource Monitor
My suspicion is that the NDI decode load (and/or the resulting real-time video encoding) on your PC is more than it can handle, which *if* the case means mitigation steps will require learning to optimize OS and OBS setting to reduce CPU/GPU/disk I/O load, ... or get a more powerful PC

but it could be a something else...
As is true anywhere, my recommendation would be to start by being attentive to environment (in this case, forum) rules and guidance, like the pinned forum post:

JustPaul

My recommendation - learn to use Windows Task Manager (Performance tab) and/or Resource Monitor
My suspicion is that the NDI decode load (and/or the resulting real-time video encoding) on your PC is more than it can handle, which *if* the case means mitigation steps will require learning to optimize OS and OBS setting to reduce CPU/GPU/disk I/O load, ... or get a more powerful PC
I been checking my loads and don't ever see anything alarming

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
16GB of memory

JustPaul

after step by step testing all kinds of different possible problems I seem to have found a solution.
The Default Format for the Microphone in Windows was set to 44100Hz
I changed it to 48000 Hz and all the noise issues Cracking, Popping have gone away when running the NDI plug in.