[GUIDE] twitch chat overlay **Update March 19**

DaveAzoicer

I believe I've installed this correctly. But I cant get it to show up in-game for me.
I did exactly as instructed, I'm basicly trying to see the chat from in-game of LoL/DayZ/WC3 at this moment.

Is there a slash command I can type manually into mIRC/the overlay to flush the text cache?

When messages get deleted from Twitch chat (such as spam or timeouts), it doesn't get deleted in the actual IRC. If someone says something offensive, I want to be able to flush the TXT file, but without having to right click, bring up the menu, and hit the button.

Thanks for any tips.

Henji96

I can't seem to login!

It just says its unsucssesful and disconnects. Behind it writes a port and then (dns pool) What does that mean?

PixelPolish

Guys, trying the old method I Only get this:

* Connect retry #93 PixelPolish.jtvirc.com (80)
-
* Unable to resolve server

Turns out Twitch changed things a little bit. Here are the instructions on how to actually connect to Twitch chat now:

http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/a ... twitch-irc

EDIT: After trying it out, you don't need any scripts for twitch chat anymore, but there's one problem. You cna set mIRC to log everything from the chat into a .log file. You can even set the timestamps on and you can automatically trim the file so it never exceed a given size (hence removing old messages from the file). You just need to untick "Lock LOG files" in mIRC so that OBS can read them in real time :)

Whitesoulz

I'm completely lost...

Downloaded MIRC ... typed in //run $mircdir/scripts - then there's only 3 things that show up! Aliases - PopUps and Remote!

okaydanny

DaveAzoicer said:
I believe I've installed this correctly. But I cant get it to show up in-game for me.
I did exactly as instructed, I'm basicly trying to see the chat from in-game of LoL/DayZ/WC3 at this moment.

Same here

mrgreaper

having a bit of an issue, installed mirc (only the free version so i will only be able to use this for 30 days :( ) then installed the script as told. ran the script and got the configuration up yay.
but upon entering it all i get is
Code:
* Connecting to mr_g_plays.jtvirc.com (6667)
-
* Unable to resolve server
over and over again

my twitch channel is http://www.twitch.tv/mr_g_plays (its new as a few weeks ago someone hacked my email and deleted a lot of my accounts including my old twitch one :( ) i double checked my password all seems fine.

it would be nice to get working though given mirc is not free im not too bothered if i cant fix it lol. did see other posts about screen capturing the twitch chat as a solution but my screen space is already limited lol

mrgreaper

managed to get an old bot i wrote for my old stream channel to connect...
is it possible to use this script with out the logging in part (as thats already now been sorted, i have mirc logging in and connecting to the right channel)