[GUIDE] twitch chat overlay **Update March 19**

DeadDragon

okay so i have this working fine i did evry thing that the Guide says but i can not get it up in my Warz game like others i see. i do ask them how to do it but they just don't seem interested in telling me how to work it.! any help? i see the overlay but not when am ingame any tips?

or someone make a video to show us what to do ? even tho i did what was in the Guide =(

zangets00

The overlay is a secondary window for your own viewing, it was made so you didn't need a second monitor to view mIRC if you wanted to play fullscreen.

If you want an embed chat into your stream you'll need to use a text source in OBS to display it in stream, which you then customize to your liking in the way it looks.

Can you provide an example of how you want your chat in the stream?

I could make a video but I'm not all that motivated and I'm terrible at speaking. We'll see.

DeadDragon

i do won't it in full screen due to only having one Monitor i don't relay won't ppl in my stream to see the chat just me so i don't have to alt tab i just need help getting the thing to work =(

bartoruiz

DeadDragon,

I can try to help you but first I need to figure out what is the real issue. So far, from what I can get...

You want to use Overlay Chat so you don't have to alt-tab. But the window dissapear when you are ingame, right?. That is surely because your game is running in Full Screen mode and you should change your game video settings to use a *Window* in Full Screen.

May I know what is the game you are playing?

If you main language is spanish you can also write to my email, bartoruiz at gmail

zangets00

http://www.justin.tv/p/irc_guide

mIRC:
This feature-rich client is the standard on windows. http://www.mirc.com/get.html
To Authenticate: Under "Connect" enter your username from the site. Choose "Servers" from the list on the left. Click "Add." Enter mychannel.jtvirc.com as the IRC Server and in the "Password" box enter the same password you use for Justin.tv in your web browser. Click "Add." Click "Select." Click "Connect to server." Now you can join 'mychannel' and chat

If you were already able to connect to your own channel prior to the script and if you were entering your user/pass correctly then I'm not sure what's going on.

shojikun

It seems that @bgeorge has fix my problem, i do not know why but some ISP block 6667, so if you are having this problem, you need to change the port to 80 instead to connect.

bartoruiz

shojikun said:
It seems that @bgeorge has fix my problem, i do not know why but some ISP block 6667, so if you are having this problem, you need to change the port to 80 instead to connect.

Interesting. I might just make the script defaults to port 80 on next release. Thanks for the feedback.

shojikun

Yeap, no problem :) Glad this thing works for me ;)

Or maybe you can put an option there for Ports :D

Also i found out that i always need to key in my password everytime i need to connect.

Another question i would like to ask is how do i make it like a real chat that will appear like in the demostartion? where the chat will goes up/down when a new chat comes up.

zangets00

You'll have to use the old version. Which is pretty outdated, it's missing features.

It doesn't scroll but the order of which direction chat comes just allows you to adjust dimensions without going into the script settings.

If I'm understanding you correctly.

Lavitz

Hi,

got a lil problem with the last.fm song display. The script only shows the song for about 10 seconds before it switches back to no song playing right now.

besides that, everything works as intented, thanks for your work

shizzaren

When I write stuff into the box, it appears in my twitch channel, but what people write in the twitch channel, does not appear in the box. Any help please?

EDIT: seems I just needed to reset mIRC! but how do i make the window like unclickable so it doesnt disturb me while in game?

bartoruiz

shizzaren,

It is not possible with this script. You can adjust size, remove titlebar and move it to a less disturbing position.

Supadupajohn

I first want to say thank you for your hard work. I am having some technical difficulties and was wondering if I could get some light shed on my dilema. I have read this entire thread with no solution available for me unless I am doing something completely wrong.

I was able to connect to the Justin.tv IRC chat deal by following the link zangetts had posted.

zangets00 said:
http://www.justin.tv/p/irc_guide

I also was able to connect to my stream channel, I think.

My true problem is this, I cannot see the chat that comes off of my Twitch.tv channel (twitch.tv/supadupajohn).
Are the viewers supposed to join my mIRC chat server, or does the Chat from Twitch go directly to my mIRC window?

Thank you for reading, and again I greatly appreciate your work.

Supadupajohn

Okay, I figured the problem, yes it was capilization. What I had to do was change my Twitch display name because mIRC automatically changes caps to lowercase (I have never used this program or any like it). Thank you for the speedy reply and info. I was trying all different ways of spelling out my name with capitalization in mIRC lol.

You have yourself another follower good sir!