[GUIDE] twitch chat overlay **Update March 19**

chilldy

Re: [GUIDE] twitch chat overlay **Update Feb 26**

How do you get the chat box to show the amount of viewers? I've gotten everything else to work so far.

zangets00

I think current viewers is xSplit only. Seeing as it says "xSplit" beside it

also @bartoruiz
I can't seem to get your new script working. It's not logging anything in the text file.

Shuraiya

Hey, awesome feature!

It was very easy to follow until the last part, where I need to select "Chatline.1" or something like that. It's not in the mIRC Script folder! ):

I might just be a noob but could anyone help me with this one? =)

zangets00

If you're using the updated/recommended script, you're looking for "fullchatlines.txt" file for OBS

FatHitman

Hmmmmm it seems to be connecting me to the wrong server?

Fathitman is my channel

And it connects me to (tmi.twitch.tv, fathitman), It does not connect to the same chat as the twitch channel.

zangets00

@FatHitman: Not sure what's going on with the updated script, if that's what you're using. Stick with the old one until bartoruiz comes in.

bartoruiz

zangets00 said:
I think current viewers is xSplit only. Seeing as it says "xSplit" beside it

also @bartoruiz
I can't seem to get your new script working. It's not logging anything in the text file.

@zangets00,

The only reason that I come up for not logginis that you dont have anything selected under the TXT-OUTPUT section at /twsettings. Whatever logs to the Overlay Window doesn't have to log to TXT and viceversa, thus the separate toggles.

Also make sure that the "# lines" value is greater or equal than 1

Let me know if that doesn''t fix it, I'm really curious.

bartoruiz

FatHitman said:

Fathitman is my channel

And it connects me to (tmi.twitch.tv, fathitman), It does not connect to the same chat as the twitch channel.

Your main mIRC window title should read "#fathitman (tmi.twitch.tv, fathitman) [#users] " , so yours is correct, you should see the same chat as your twitch channel. Maybe with a little delay but barely noticable.

zangets00

@bartoruiz: I got it working. I have to have both Overlay and TXT OUTPUT selected to have it output to the the text files. Just having TXT OUTPUT alone won't log the messages.

FatHitman

bartoruiz said:
FatHitman said:

Fathitman is my channel

Your main mIRC window title should read "#fathitman (tmi.twitch.tv, fathitman) [#users] " , so yours is correct, you should see the same chat as your twitch channel. Maybe with a little delay but barely noticable.

That is the thing, It doesn't seem to be the same chat. Even after waiting 30 mins it still does not show the users or chat that is going on in the twitch channel

Fixed seems like its CAPS sensitive lol

So how does the last fm work?

I play music threw spotify but have the last.fm app running on it that shows what music im playing, But when I try to use the now playing it just says no music playing.

bartoruiz

zangets00 said:
@bartoruiz: I got it working. I have to have both Overlay and TXT OUTPUT selected to have it output to the the text files. Just having TXT OUTPUT alone won't log the messages.

Your are right!, thanks for reporting it, that's a bug and will be fixed soon. They should work independently.

bartoruiz

FatHitman said:
Fixed seems like its CAPS sensitive lol

Good to know, ty ;)

Visit http://www.last.fm/user/fathitman while you are playing music, and if you see the current song and says something like "Listening Now" then the script shouldn't have any problems to fetch the current song from your last.fm profile.

I dont use spotify but I have seen other music players that supousedly scrobble to last.fm but they just report the song after it finish, just to keep the history, but never report the now playing.

FatHitman

Still does not seem to pull the songs.

It may be due to the recent activity section says

This section displays your activity on Last.fm. Right now only you can see it, but in 14 days it will become public. You can change this in your privacy settings.

bartoruiz

FatHitMan,

That surely is. If you go to SETTINGS in last.fm, then PRIVACY....make sure you uncheck the "Hide real-time listening information"

BThomson

Has anyone been able to come up with an alternative to mIRC, such as an open source solution.

Unfortunately mIRC appears to cost $20 for a license and I would prefer not to have to spend that just to get an overlay working in OBS :)

bartoruiz

I don't know anyone that would pay for a mIRC license.

You either wait for the nag screen at the startup to go away. or:

Start > Run
Type in 'regedit'
Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > mIRC
Delete the LastRun folder and enjoy 30 days.

BThomson

[EDIT] Yeah, can't be bothered trying to get x-chat to work,

Will just take your advice on the mIRC thing and try and get your script working :)

[EDIT2] Ok, it's all working and seems to function fine. Wasn't too hard to get set up - as noted earlier in thread just needed to make sure both overlay and text was ticked to get it to write to text file. Not a big deal.

Works well, ty for putting this together!

bartoruiz

New version 3.04 released

- Fixed bugs
- Added a color text option for the Overlay
- Script checks if new version is available and notifies you.

ball2hi

This would be so incredibly awesome if you could make it inject an overlay into the game, similar to how Mumble or Steam does. *Drools*