Gstreamer for less delay-latency for my RTSP camera - Mac OS/Catalina/OBS

camtar

Hi Everyone,

I want to install Gstreamer plugin for control my RTSP camera latency. But I tried to fallow tutorials and install Gstreamer but it's too complicated for me. After many ours to try, I request help.
It's very hard for me to understand how to install and play this plugin. So I need a hand, from the beginning to the end, for install, configure and use my setup with Gstreamer. Code and plugs are not my family, it's a little strange for me. BUT I want to understand because I have to reduce my 6 RTSP cameras latency.

Is somebody can explain me the things to do? From A to Z, with links etc...? It will be fantastic.
Thanks in advance for this hard exercice!

OBS 26.0.2 / Hackintosh Catalina 10.15.7 / Cameras protocol: <<< rtsp://192.168.xxx.xxx/chn2 >>>

Take a look here. These are the step necessary to install gstreamer on a windows machine.
Take care of choosing the 2.0 gstreamer DLL version of Tuna.

After successfully completing these steps, a new video source will show up as 'gstreamer source'.

Please find this option before continuing to the next step, adding a camera to gstreamer.

It is a deep dive indeed..... still struggling with a lot of things considering gstreamer and OBS.

@Tuna, if i missed something please let me know. ;-)

camtar

Thanks for your message,
Unfortunately I work with a Mac (Catalina). But I tried to install via Homebrew (the steps here )
I tried different plugin install ops methods but nothing happened. I don't see Gstreamer on OBS sources mini menu.
So I need to re-install Gstreamer but with a tutorial because I think I missed something. And I can't detail all my steps here because I don't remember and I did lot of things (move bin etc...)
So I think I need to restart at the begin
Thanks ;)

ClarksonCote

Related, is there any chance that OBS will simply fix the delay issues such that the delay from the RTSP stream is at least predictable and consistent? On my Mac I see delays from 1.4 to 5 seconds, usually 1.4-1.5 seconds. If the delay is more than that, I close out of OBS and open it back up again, which eventually gets me a lower latency delay. This doesn't happen in VLC player, so it's OBS specific as others have reported.