Question / Help Glitches on recorded videos

GabrielGeog

Hi, I always get this kind of glitch where the screen gets distorted and grey, sometimes on the videos I record with OBS:

glitch.jpg

Note: it only happens in the video I recorded, not in the game. It happens with any window, any game I try to record. It happens randomly.

Any way I can fix this? Thank you so much in advance.

Attachments

• glitch.jpg
    glitch.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

GabrielGeog

Also these are my settings.
I use these after following a tutorial on youtube for shorter sized videos and high quality at the sime time.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 635
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 640
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 602

Narcogen

Simple output mode, choose an option for file size and quality that you consider appropriate. There is no conceivable reason to try and record 1080p60 at 4000kbps and expect decent quality, you just won't get it.

The above settings will get you small files. It will not get you good quality for 1080p60. For decent quality *streaming* you'd want almost twice that. The artifact above is quite literally caused by too low a bitrate for your selected frame size and frame rate.

Either that, or run the Auto-Configuration Wizard from the Tools menu.

GabrielGeog

Simple output mode, choose an option for file size and quality that you consider appropriate. There is no conceivable reason to try and record 1080p60 at 4000kbps and expect decent quality, you just won't get it.

The above settings will get you small files. It will not get you good quality for 1080p60. For decent quality *streaming* you'd want almost twice that. The artifact above is quite literally caused by too low a bitrate for your selected frame size and frame rate.

Either that, or run the Auto-Configuration Wizard from the Tools menu.

Thank you for your explanation
Btw I'm not trying to stream videos, just record them and upload to YouTube.
Do you think these artifacts will not show up if I put a higher bitrate? If so, what number do you recommend me to put? Thank you once more.

Here's what you recommended for me, also
It seems the issue is solved with this setting: (ignore the streaming tab, I don't stream any videos, just record)

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:

Narcogen

Yes, I know. I'm saying the bitrate you are using for local recording would barely be acceptable for live streaming, when it would be usual to be using a bitrate as much as ten times what is considered appropriate for streaming if one was attempting to edit videos and upload them in good quality.

If the settings you show there work for you, then use them!