Getting 'OBS quit unexpectedly' every time I attempt to run it on my MacBook Pro 2019

NBurns

I will attach the 'Problem report for OBS' with this post to help anyone who can help me solve this one. My knowledge of Unix/Linux is basic and I can only do some basic tasks within the Terminal window. Saying that I have learnt a load more while attempting to reinstall OBS about 3-4 times now, both as a .DMG file and within a terminal window using 'brew'. The version I have been attempting to run and constantly crashes on me is 29.1.1 and I am running it on macOS 13.3.1.
On the last attempt to get it working, I was using the Terminal window and it suggested everything had been successfully installed, only then to crash again the very first time I went to run it.

Help!! Please!!

Attachments

• OBS V29p1p1 quit unexpectedly on start up 10:05:2023.txt
    77.2 KB · Views: 38

dsglobal

I will attach the 'Problem report for OBS' with this post to help anyone who can help me solve this one. My knowledge of Unix/Linux is basic and I can only do some basic tasks within the Terminal window. Saying that I have learnt a load more while attempting to reinstall OBS about 3-4 times now, both as a .DMG file and within a terminal window using 'brew'. The version I have been attempting to run and constantly crashes on me is 29.1.1 and I am running it on macOS 13.3.1.
On the last attempt to get it working, I was using the Terminal window and it suggested everything had been successfully installed, only then to crash again the very first time I went to run it.

Help!! Please!!
Hi
Sorry, I don't have any ideas for resolution, I'm experiencing the same issue. Just following the thread in the hopes that someone might post an answer.

Banda_Streaming

Help!! Please!!
I should say that you cannot customize your OBS instead of simple basic OBS settings.No multi-RTMP or any plugins with Mac.

I think I can give you some information or tips on this. Recently, I was using a Mac Air M1 and an Elgato 4K X with a PS5 Samsung OLED 65' TV. I faced many issues, such as EDID, HDR Tone Mapping, etc., but after going through the Elgato forums and technician's statements, I noticed Apple could not provide USB 2 Gen 2 service on type C ports on their products.and then I found an option that can avoid keeping crashing and at least running stably with the option to enable the 10GB/s USB function utility application by Elgato.I believe that is kind of an evade point that Elgato has made. Don't buy Type C 40GB/s compatible cable because you don't have a USB 2.0 Gen 2 Type C port on your Apple products, and the Elgato 4K X has the 10GB/s cable with the bundle.

Finally, what I have to say is that if you do very basic things on OBS, your OBS can be alive until you add more, even a very basic plugin.

tomwho

I'm having the exact same problem, but on an iMac M3 running Sonoma 14.4.1.

Attached is my crash report in case it helps resolve the problem. Also, I notice that the video stutter is still there with the new version 30.1.2. I was hoping that would get resolved in the next update, but, the video still stutters on a Mac.

Attachments

• OBS Crash Report.txt
    209 KB · Views: 2