Question / Help GDI+ text source issue/work flow?

Muhammadi

I need to display text on live video - the text changes at random intervals based on certain parameters.. I have a program that updates the text in the text file when it needs to be changed based on the parameters. The "text from file" option in GDI+ text source works fine but there is an issue. I need the text displayed for 10 seconds and then go away. Then the text has to re-appear on screen for 10 seconds only when the text has been updated with new text - as long as the text in the file does not change nothing needs to be displayed. As long as the text is not updated in the file by my program i do not want to display the text - and as soon as the text in the file is updated, it should be displayed for 10 seconds and fade away. I cannot have the operator check for changes and switch to a scene for that. Can someone please guide me on how to achieve this?

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Sounds like you could have your program remove the contents of the text file after 10 seconds.

Muhammadi

Sounds like you could have your program remove the contents of the text file after 10 seconds.
true except that we dont have any control over the program - no source code or rights - just a software that works as is... It would be too much trouble to get the software re-developed for this and was hoping to get a solution some other way.

Muhammadi

true except that we dont have any control over the program - no source code or rights - just a software that works as is... It would be too much trouble to get the software re-developed for this and was hoping to get a solution some other way.
Also if the program gets a new message it will overwrite the file with the new message even if 10 seconds are not up. So the text file updates even less than 10 seconds or sometimes more than 10 seconds.