GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester

Free GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester v2.0-beta

mrmcpowned

The Xbox 360 controller skin is bugged if you use it in CLR Browser. The guide button will be a black square with a little green square up in the corner.
It looks like this: http://imgur.com/T0tL5T6
For some reason that happens whenever it wants to. I've had it happen before than just have it fix itself. I think it may be a caching issue with CLR browser, since Chrome doesn't show any issues when I try it.

romibi

Could you add something like this? (Attachement)
It has the possibility for a delay via something like ?delay=5000

I quickly coded this today for me ... because of the Capture-Card delay
(PS4 controller works still on PS4 while connected to the PC via USB)

I don't know if the code is nice enough for publishing...
Perhaps for official release there should be a switch in the code to not use the queue if delay=0...

The Queue.js is from here: http://code.stephenmorley.org/javascript/queues/

(And I've done a Wii U Pro Skin but I don't know if its ok to post because I used an image of the gamepad from Google)

Attachments

• GamePadTester.rar
    259.7 KB · Views: 291

mrmcpowned

Could you add something like this? (Attachement)
It has the possibility for a delay via something like ?delay=5000

I quickly coded this today for me ... because of the Capture-Card delay
(PS4 controller works still on PS4 while connected to the PC via USB)

I don't know if the code is nice enough for publishing...
Perhaps for official release there should be a switch in the code to not use the queue if delay=0...

The Queue.js is from here: http://code.stephenmorley.org/javascript/queues/

(And I've done a Wii U Pro Skin but I don't know if its ok to post because I used an image of the gamepad from Google)
That's...actually not a bad idea. I'll try and implement it on the site by the end of this week. As for cleanliness, your choice of setting a default of 0 takes care of the queuing issue, so there's no real need for a switch.

Also, there's nothing against sharing skins for the viewer. I mean, I added that specifically so people could share their creations :)

ZenMasta

For me, the dimensions I use for xbox one controller with CLR browser are 775 x 645. This is just barely slightly larger than the controller itself.

Grogy

It wont work for me via CLR Browser.. It works fine in Browser (Chrome), every button I press is displayed well in the browser but in my OBS its written "disconnected". I dont know why, im using the same URL as in the browser: http://mrmcpowned.com/gamepad/?p=1&s=2. Got a PS4 Controller connected via USB to the PC. I also tried another player p=1-4 and other USB ports on my pc but no connection can be found.. anybody has an idea?

EDIT//
Wow, it works now but I dont know why.. I changed nothing just reloaded and restarted Chrome and OBS a few times..

EDIT 2//
its getting worse.. Now nothing works again.. Via the URL i cant get any connection BUT when i open up mrmcpowned.com/gamepad/ without parameters and chose Player 1 it works in this window.. but still not with the parameters in the URL.. i dont get it..

EDIT 3//
just a little update. it works fine now. when im starting streaming with obs the plugin wont work but i figured out how to make it work. I disable the plugin, unplug my ps4 controller, plug it back in and starting the plugin again. this works for me the most time.

Last edited:

romibi

haven't used it in a while but it stopped working for me too ...
because of some "extra-axis-4" ... which results in an "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'querySelector' of null" on line 191 of tester.js
could be because of win10 upgrade or a driver update? idk
It doesn't work for me with or without parameters ... haven't restarted my browser/system yet

EDIT:
Found the reason for my Issue: vJoy which I haven't used in ages reactivated itself during Win10 update and created a virtual controller with more than 4 axis ... uninstalled it now completely (deactivation probably would have been enough too) now everything works again...

btw what happened to the modification I sent to you?

Last edited:

mrmcpowned

mrmcpowned updated Gamepad Display with a new update entry:

The...delay...update

There's not much in this update, but it is still a pretty useful one.

+Added a "delay" parameter which takes millisecond values (1000 = 1s)

The updated parameters are as follows:

Code:
http://mrmcpowned.com/gamepad/?p=[Player Number]&s=[Style Number]&sc=[Scale Multiplier]&delay=[Millisecond value of delay]&css=[URL to CSS file]
For example:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

romibi

Nice!

Thanks for the link to my homepage in the changelog :)
... just (I know I'm a bit nitpicking) ... would it be possible to write my nick completely in lowercase? :D

And thanks for the poke in irc :D

mrmcpowned

mrmcpowned updated Gamepad Display with a new update entry:

The DualShock Update (plus deadzoning)

Yay, new skins! Finally got around to making a DualShock 4 skin, and it looks pretty sleek if I don't say so myself. Sadly, the Gamepad API doesn't pick up touch input, so I can't display finger location, but it does register a full down-press on the touchpad (though I haven't implemented that yet).

Oh yeah, now you can set your own deadzones! I initially had this set up so I wouldn't get any wonky data when my sticks were at rest, since they're old. I figure if your sticks are worse than...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Zykino

Didn't read any of the other comments but so far I wanted to say you are doing a great job.

As suggestion I would ask for the Steam Controller (but as it's recognized as a Keyboard I'm not sure it's possible).
My XBox360 Controller is black so... ^^ And I found the buttons way more visible in the black skin than in the white one for the Xbox1 (except for the XYAB ones).
Also it's maybe an other API or way to do it but it would be cool to show my Keyboard.

So far so good continue with the great job man :)

mrmcpowned

Didn't read any of the other comments but so far I wanted to say you are doing a great job.

As suggestion I would ask for the Steam Controller (but as it's recognized as a Keyboard I'm not sure it's possible).
My XBox360 Controller is black so... ^^ And I found the buttons way more visible in the black skin than in the white one for the Xbox1 (except for the XYAB ones).
Also it's maybe an other API or way to do it but it would be cool to show my Keyboard.

So far so good continue with the great job man :)
Thanks, and yeah for anything that the Gamepad API doesn't recognize as a controller, it's pretty much virtually impossible to display without having to code a specific way of interpreting that input. If you visit http://html5gamepad.com it can show you what gamepads are both currently connected and available to the browser.

As for the keyboard option, I'd say you're probably better off using Nohboard since I don't think there's any way for me to capture keyboard input without the browser window being focused on.

mrmcpowned

Does this with under Linux or is it Windows only?
It should work on linux. If you're running OBS Studio and have chromium or chrome installed, you can capture the window. I'm not sure if the QtWebkit plugin for OBS Studio support the gamepad API though.

Edit: If you visit http://html5gamepad.com in your browser of choice, it should tell you if your browser supports the Gamepad API, as well live output from the device

It should work on linux. If you're running OBS Studio and have chromium or chrome installed, you can capture the window. I'm not sure if the QtWebkit plugin for OBS Studio support the gamepad API though.

Edit: If you visit http://html5gamepad.com in your browser of choice, it should tell you if your browser supports the Gamepad API, as well live output from the device

Thanks for the information

Zanetsu

As someone who plays a lot of fighting games, and is starting to get into streaming, I'd love it if you could make a simple arcade stick layout.

mrmcpowned

As someone who plays a lot of fighting games, and is starting to get into streaming, I'd love it if you could make a simple arcade stick layout.
Yeah, I've been working on a fightstick layout but haven't been sure what else to add or do, other than the background and whatnot

Here's what I've done so far
R9pQkcD.png

Red circle is the knob which'll displace depending on the position, and I already have all 9 positions made for it. With the set of gray buttons, I've been thinking about assigning them to this kind of layout and with the two smaller buttons on the bottom being back and start.

I haven't decided if I want to leave the background transparent or not, either.