GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester

Free GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester v2.0-beta

Alright, and on http://mrmcpowned.com/gamepad/ could you open the chrome developer console (press F12 and go to the tab that says "console") and type "navigator.getGamepads()" without the quotes and tell me what array items 0 and 1 are under the "GamepadList" array?
I think you mean this

Code:
navigator.getGamepads()
GamepadList {0: Gamepad, 1: Gamepad, 2: undefined, 3: undefined, length: 4, item: function}
0: Gamepad
axes: Array[4]
0: -0.03691154718399048
1: -0.054184794425964355
2: -0.09178298711776733
3: -0.052658915519714355
length: 4
__proto__: Array[0]
buttons: Array[16]
connected: true
id: "Xbox 360 Controller (XInput STANDARD GAMEPAD)"
index: 0
mapping: "standard"
timestamp: 1039
__proto__: Gamepad
1: Gamepad
2: undefined
3: undefined
__proto__: GamepadList

mrmcpowned

I think you mean this

Code:
navigator.getGamepads()
GamepadList {0: Gamepad, 1: Gamepad, 2: undefined, 3: undefined, length: 4, item: function}
0: Gamepad
axes: Array[4]
0: -0.03691154718399048
1: -0.054184794425964355
2: -0.09178298711776733
3: -0.052658915519714355
__proto__: Array[0]
buttons: Array[16]
connected: true
id: "Xbox 360 Controller (XInput STANDARD GAMEPAD)"
index: 0
mapping: "standard"
timestamp: 1039
__proto__: Gamepad
1: Gamepad
2: undefined
3: undefined
__proto__: GamepadList
Yup, that's exactly what I was looking for. Seems the controller is being picked up. For a final test, could you unplug your Yeti and Xbox Controller, refresh the page, connect the Xbox controller, and tell me if it works?

mrmcpowned

yup it is the blue yeti that causes the issues. damn
Yeah, this is mainly a problem with the Gamepad API since it's pretty experimental. I could probably make a blacklist so the yeti and other devices can be ignored, though, in the meantime, if you connect the controller first and the yeti second, there shouldn't be any hiccups.

Yeah, this is mainly a problem with the Gamepad API since it's pretty experimental. I could probably make a blacklist so the yeti and other devices can be ignored, though, in the meantime, if you connect the controller first and the yeti second, there shouldn't be any hiccups.
Once I plug in my Yeti after the controller... It disables the controller on the site. I can wait for an update, was trying to help a friend out with the tool

mrmcpowned

Once I plug in my Yeti after the controller... It disables the controller on the site. I can wait for an update, was trying to help a friend out with the tool
I really wish I had a yeti to test it out with. Trying to implement this blacklist is going to be challenging without any true debugging.

Mrgreen55

hey i would love to get this a try but my controller not reading.. :( im using SCP Ds3 Monitor to use my ps4 controller but the pc read it was xbox 360 which is fine but your site is not reading it. Is there a way to fix this?
Oki tried Game pad Api tester and it work fine.... but not your site. :(

mrmcpowned

hey i would love to get this a try but my controller not reading.. :( im using SCP Ds3 Monitor to use my ps4 controller but the pc read it was xbox 360 which is fine but your site is not reading it. Is there a way to fix this?
Oki tried Game pad Api tester and it work fine.... but not your site. :(
Do you have any headsets that register as a controller, or a blue yeti microphone connected?

Hello I downloaded this and followed the tutorials for the PS3 overlay to test in my Binding of Isaac stream, but if I use the suggested size the PS3 overlay takes up like 1/4 of the whole OBS screen.. Is there a way to scale it down? If I lower the size in the properties screen it won't capture the whole gamepad layout.

Thanks

mrmcpowned

Hello I downloaded this and followed the tutorials for the PS3 overlay to test in my Binding of Isaac stream, but if I use the suggested size the PS3 overlay takes up like 1/4 of the whole OBS screen.. Is there a way to scale it down? If I lower the size in the properties screen it won't capture the whole gamepad layout.

Thanks

Yeah, those suggestions are there to provide the window's initial size. Afterwards you just click on the "Edit Scene" button and resize the Browser Source window with the sizing handles.

Can you make an xbox one dark controller for the clr browser please

I'll try and start making some extra skins for the display when I have the time to do so. School comes first ya know :P

Tydox

Yeah, those suggestions are there to provide the window's initial size. Afterwards you just click on the "Edit Scene" button and resize the Browser Source window with the sizing handles.

I'll try and start making some extra skins for the display when I have the time to do so. School comes first ya know :P
No problems buddy, if you want I can use photoshop to create the base picture ( and the pressed keys if needed)

mrmcpowned

No problems buddy, if you want I can use photoshop to create the base picture ( and the pressed keys if needed)
It's not a problem with design, is just that I'm more preoccupied with school :D

So far I've finished the redesign for the Xbox/Xbox One controller: http://i.imgur.com/YO5U7Tc.gif

Now I just need to make the sprites and publish the CSS for it.

Last edited:

Tydox

It's not a problem with design, is just that I'm more preoccupied with school :D

So far I've finished the redesign for the Xbox/Xbox One controller: http://i.imgur.com/YO5U7Tc.gif

Now I just need to make the sprites and publish the CSS for it.
Really nice job, I never worked with CSS so I can't help with that.
I wonder if I could create in C# or C++ a plugin for the controller, where you just choose the controller (like here) and it shows up :\

mrmcpowned

Also, I just got a blue yeti and don't seem to experience the issue Vaughn had. Kinda weird...

Edit: Seems I see the problem now. The Yeti is stuck as a perpetual second player controller, but then it "disconnects". It's rather odd...

Last edited:

yorkcommatyler

Hey there! Trying to add the URL into CLR Browser, and I'm getting the scrollbar still visible:
b0ad197a08479963e1b51b57f137b5cb.png

My CSS is default:

Code:
body {
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
margin: 0px auto;
overflow: hidden;
}

Any ideas?

mrmcpowned

Hey there! Trying to add the URL into CLR Browser, and I'm getting the scrollbar still visible:
b0ad197a08479963e1b51b57f137b5cb.png

My CSS is default:

Code:
body {
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
margin: 0px auto;
overflow: hidden;
}

Any ideas?
Instead of just body, use "html, body" without quotes. I believe I fixed this already in the CSS though, but I'll double check later. The CLR browser is most likely caching the webpage and loading an older version of the CSS.