GameMaster

GameMaster v2.1.1

T68

But I stumbled onto a new issue when I added team names containing the Swedish chracters "Å", "Ä" and "Ö" (and å,ä,ö).

The OBS text object does not render these correctly if I use GameMaster to generate the output text file. If I open them in notepad and type manually the characters work.

I hope you can take a look at this in future updates, or point me to a solution if there´s any setting in OBS that can fix it.

Text error when gamemaster generates the output txt-file
gamemaster_char_error2.jpg

Characters working when I type them manually in the same output txt-file

gamemaster_char_error1.jpg

TheLittleDoctor

But I stumbled onto a new issue when I added team names containing the Swedish chracters "Å", "Ä" and "Ö" (and å,ä,ö).

The OBS text object does not render these correctly if I use GameMaster to generate the output text file. If I open them in notepad and type manually the characters work.

I hope you can take a look at this in future updates, or point me to a solution if there´s any setting in OBS that can fix it.

View attachment 79522

View attachment 79523
Oh no! Thanks for the heads up! I think this has to do with the file output being handled with ASCII rather than unicode encoding, but I'm not sure. I'll investigate!

TheLittleDoctor

View attachment 79522

View attachment 79523
Way off the money, it turns out... I think I got it this time, though, so just watch for the auto-update and see if it fixes it.

TheLittleDoctor

Stumbled on GameMaster today and it's such a great solution! Curious if you have any plans to port to Mac? I'm not a developer but would it be difficult to get GameMaster to work on a Mac?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Hi there! It's funny you should ask! I actually just started on a Mac port on Thursday and am making great progress! I want to release it at the same time as my next Windows update, which should be sometime this week. Would you be able to help test it for me? Pop by our Discord server or something, let's chat!

FuelOurLife

Hi there! It's funny you should ask! I actually just started on a Mac port on Thursday and am making great progress! I want to release it at the same time as my next Windows update, which should be sometime this week. Would you be able to help test it for me? Pop by our Discord server or something, let's chat!

I'd be happy to test your Mac port.

I wasn't fast enough on the Discord link (it's no longer valid). Perhaps we can try again.

Fisk31

At the moment I am currently doing my scoreboard / time manually, but I was thinking about getting this plugin.

But one thing I wanted to know was if there was any plans on maybe making it so you can have two or even three timers count down at once in sync?

I would think the way you would set it up would probably be to make it if you count it down, you set up how much time you want for the count down thing, and when you hit "Start Time" on the Play clock. Bonus idea would be to make it so you can just quickly select presets such as 2:00, :30, :45 instead of typing it manually each time.

I'm no coder, so no idea how difficult this would be to implement two clocks that are in sync, but if this was do-able, it would create better broadcasts for smaller streamers like myself at the local / youth level.

Example of two clocks running at once is shown in this photo below
Ice Hockey = Game Clock + Power Play Time
Association Football = Match Clock + Additional Time
American Football / Basketball = Game Clock + Play Clock
Bonus Options = Extra Statistics such a "Team Ball Possession" or "American Football Drive Length"​
NHL Puck Drop 2021: NHL on TNT Debuts With High-Speed Cameras,  Tracking-Fueled Graphics
2 minutes additional time in Weekend League : r/FIFA
Fox refreshes college football scorebug, with new look similar to revamped  NFL and XFL versions

T68

Thats a great idea! And just to keep "doc" occupied: It would be very, very nice with functionality for substitutes, penalty cards, team roosters, team logos and maybe some basic lower 3rd and talent graphics. Of course all this can be solved with OBS objects but it would be really user friendly to have the basic text graphics for a sports broadcast all in the same admin interface :-).

TheLittleDoctor

At the moment I am currently doing my scoreboard / time manually, but I was thinking about getting this plugin.

But one thing I wanted to know was if there was any plans on maybe making it so you can have two or even three timers count down at once in sync?

I would think the way you would set it up would probably be to make it if you count it down, you set up how much time you want for the count down thing, and when you hit "Start Time" on the Play clock. Bonus idea would be to make it so you can just quickly select presets such as 2:00, :30, :45 instead of typing it manually each time.

I'm no coder, so no idea how difficult this would be to implement two clocks that are in sync, but if this was do-able, it would create better broadcasts for smaller streamers like myself at the local / youth level.

Example of two clocks running at once is shown in this photo below
Ice Hockey = Game Clock + Power Play Time
Association Football = Match Clock + Additional Time
American Football / Basketball = Game Clock + Play Clock
Bonus Options = Extra Statistics such a "Team Ball Possession" or "American Football Drive Length"​
NHL Puck Drop 2021: NHL on TNT Debuts With High-Speed Cameras,  Tracking-Fueled Graphics
2 minutes additional time in Weekend League : r/FIFA
Fox refreshes college football scorebug, with new look similar to revamped  NFL and XFL versions
This is definitely something I'll look into, but it might not be super soon. I'll see what I can do!

TheLittleDoctor

Thats a great idea! And just to keep "doc" occupied: It would be very, very nice with functionality for substitutes, penalty cards, team roosters, team logos and maybe some basic lower 3rd and talent graphics. Of course all this can be solved with OBS objects but it would be really user friendly to have the basic text graphics for a sports broadcast all in the same admin interface :-).
I've thought about this, and it's something I'd like to do, but it'll be a ways out. For now, try to work with what I've got for you, and you can use things like variables for triggering advanced scene switcher transitions if you really, really, want to make some of that work.

Rosters are also planned, stay tuned!

MJM

I have made a config file for Basketball and now I would like to do one for Football. In my version Players, settings and config are greyed out. how would I go about creating a file for Football and where are they stored in the harddrive? Am I missing something on how to change things up for the different sports?

TheLittleDoctor

I have made a config file for Basketball and now I would like to do one for Football. In my version Players, settings and config are greyed out. how would I go about creating a file for Football and where are they stored in the harddrive? Am I missing something on how to change things up for the different sports?
Hi! Apologies for the late reply!
It's a little convoluted right now, but essentially, you can just duplicate an existing config file and edit it in a text editor of your choice. Then, from GameMaster, click Select Config File and choose your new file. Alternatively, you can download one of the premade configs from our GitHub and select it the same way. If you need any further help, feel free to pop into my Discord server so we can connect in real-time. Link is above and in the app if you need it!

TheLittleDoctor

Bonus Options = Extra Statistics such a "Team Ball Possession" or "American Football Drive Length"
Whoops, sorry I'm only just seeing this now, but: These are already possible in GameMaster now. You can set up extra "Variables" in the config file which just add additional fields for you to type in. Any questions, just hop back into the server in Discord and I can help you get one set up if the default doesn't work.

ietax

Beautiful work, thank you.
Have you ever thought about making a profile for volleyball and tennis too?

Freejack

Hi Doc!

It's a great program, i like the way it works!

Is it possible to add to the Football config a Timeout section to each team, like the score, with + - buttons on each side?

And if it possible a Flag option, with a simple on/off switch?

Thank you if you think about it! :)

TheLittleDoctor

Beautiful work, thank you.
Have you ever thought about making a profile for volleyball and tennis too?
Hi there! While I myself have no need (nor the expertise) for a volleyball or tennis config, GameMaster was built in such a way to allow for its users to create their own config files. Check out the default config files on GitHub or delete the
Code:
cfgsettings.json
file to reset the config creator. If you need any help, feel free to pop by the Discord server and I'd be happy to help.