GameMaster

GameMaster v2.1.1

TheLittleDoctor

TheLittleDoctor submitted a new resource:

GameMaster - A customizable scoreboard and timer tool for OBS that can be configured for any sport you choose.

View attachment 78637
GameMaster is a Python-based sports scoreboard tool for OBS. In addition to basic scoring functionality, GameMaster can also manage game times, periods, and any other stats or variables related to the sport at hand using a simple JSON configuration file.

Quick-start guide
GameMaster is distributed using a single executable installer. Following the provided instructions with the installer should produce no errors and...

Read more about this resource...

KiffenTV

Hi mate,
very nice work. Just missing one function - ability to set direction of clock. Now in soccer it is counting downwards but that is wrong for soccer - clock runs always upwards. How to fix this tiny but annoying issue?

TheLittleDoctor

Hi mate,
very nice work. Just missing one function - ability to set direction of clock. Now in soccer it is counting downwards but that is wrong for soccer - clock runs always upwards. How to fix this tiny but annoying issue?
Hi! Thanks for reaching out! The group I built this for in the states counts downwards for soccer, so that wasn't even something I had thought about. Give me a week or two and I can try to add in count up and stopwatch functionality. Thanks for the heads up!
Cheers,
TheLittleDoctor

KiffenTV

Hi, clock does not need to stop for 45:00, it can overlap and then after 1st half is over need just manual tuning it to 45:00. Of course reset to 0:00 and 45:00 button/functions would be nice :-)

TheLittleDoctor

Hi, clock does not need to stop for 45:00, it can overlap and then after 1st half is over need just manual tuning it to 45:00. Of course reset to 0:00 and 45:00 button/functions would be nice :-)
Hey there!
On the GitHub Repo, I have a new prerelease for my gracious testers to play around with that adds stopwatch and count-up capabilities. Do you want to give it a try?

Release v2.1.0-Pre1 · TheLittleDoc/GameMaster (github.com)

Bassman

Hello,

Thank you for your scoreboard. I downloaded the Pre 1 release and have a few bits of feedback:

1) Is it possible to let the clock run past 60 minutes and not go to the hour column? Soccer usually counts from the 40's to the 80's-90's in minutes for the 2nd half.

2) When I set the minutes manually to a start time (like 40:00), when I press "start" a message pops up and says "Time's Up" and then the clock starts. Seems like a bug.

3) Is it possible to take away the nanny prompts when you press clear in the Timer section? On a streaming job, the less you have to click the better!

Thanks!

TheLittleDoctor

Hello,

Thank you for your scoreboard. I downloaded the Pre 1 release and have a few bits of feedback:

1) Is it possible to let the clock run past 60 minutes and not go to the hour column? Soccer usually counts from the 40's to the 80's-90's in minutes for the 2nd half.

2) When I set the minutes manually to a start time (like 40:00), when I press "start" a message pops up and says "Time's Up" and then the clock starts. Seems like a bug.

3) Is it possible to take away the nanny prompts when you press clear in the Timer section? On a streaming job, the less you have to click the better!

Thanks!
Hi! Thanks for you feedback!
1) That seems feasible! I'll take a look at that once exams conclude at the end of the week.
2) Yep, looking back at what I did the other day, it looks like I may have set it up so that the alarm will trigger at the "default time" set in the config. I'm not entirely sure why I did that, but I'll go ahead and take it out.
3) I was a little trigger-happy with all the pop-ups and confirmation boxes, that's for sure, whoops! I'll be cleaning a lot of those up, and probably in 2.3 or 2.4, I'll be moving all the settings to their own tab finally so that I can add more and group them a little better; at that time, I'll add more granular controls for what warnings and messages show, so probably by the end of February at the latest.

Thanks for your feedback, and I'll reply here as I have new info for you!

Bassman

Thanks. Can you tell me the update procedure? Do I need to uninstall anything before installing the new release?

TheLittleDoctor

Thanks. Can you tell me the update procedure? Do I need to uninstall anything before installing the new release?
Nope, you should just be able to run the new installer, as long as you haven't moved the installation directory. I'll make sure to include that in the readme!

Bassman

Hello,

I have installed the v2.1.0 RC1 version and have a question: The minutes still go to adding one hour after 60 are reached. Is there a setting to get the minutes to go past 60 into 70, 80 etc...? Thanks for the changes.

TheLittleDoctor

Hello,

I have installed the v2.1.0 RC1 version and have a question: The minutes still go to adding one hour after 60 are reached. Is there a setting to get the minutes to go past 60 into 70, 80 etc...? Thanks for the changes.
Hey again!
Whoops! It looks like I forgot to handle it in the app itself! If you go look in the output file, it should be outputing correctly now. If it still isn't, go ahead and open a formal issue on our GitHub page.
I plan to attempt to fix the in-app display later, but for now, it will for sure output correctly to the file when hours are deselected.
Thanks!

Bassman

Worked great. Thanks again for making and sharing this useful little program! Screenshot attached.

GameMaster Screenshot.jpg

T68

Hi!
Thanks for a great plugin!
Just a couple of suggestions:
First: when I install the program (2.1 pre and 2.0) and use the soccer preset the default time in minutes is set to 40 minutes. A soccer half is 45 min so maybe this could be adjusted in future updates.
And if I toggle to count up mode and restart the program the time output is still set to 40 min when it should be 0 min. It sets to 40min each time i restart Gamemaster. It then sets to zero if I start the timer or if I press reset. But until then the scoreboard shows 40 minutes which is a bit confusing. I hope this also can be adressed.

Another small wish is to be able to choose if the clock display in the admin interface should show time format HH:MM:SS or MM:SS. For example, in soccer we count past 60 minutes and keep couting up the minutes, without going into showing 1 hour + minutes. This works in the output files so it would be neat to have it in admin too.
gamemaster_40min_2.jpg

TheLittleDoctor

Hi!
First: when I install the program (2.1 pre and 2.0) and use the soccer preset the default time in minutes is set to 40 minutes. A soccer half is 45 min so maybe this could be adjusted in future updates.
And if I toggle to count up mode and restart the program the time output is still set to 40 min when it should be 0 min. It sets to 40min each time i restart Gamemaster. It then sets to zero if I start the timer or if I press reset. But until then the scoreboard shows 40 minutes which is a bit confusing. I hope this also can be adressed.

Another small wish is to be able to choose if the clock display in the admin interface should show time format HH:MM:SS or MM:SS. For example, in soccer we count past 60 minutes and keep couting up the minutes, without going into showing 1 hour + minutes. This works in the output files so it would be neat to have it in admin too.
View attachment 79497
Aggh! Lots to fix!
Ok, let's work through these:
GameMaster was originally built for a US high school group, and at least that conference played only 80 minute games, so that's why the half is only 40 minutes. I can't decide if I'm going to leave it be, but I guess you'll know soon enough. For now, you can go edit the config file manually, or delete the "cfgsettings.json" file to run the setup again so you can make a custom config.
Looks like I missed a few places where the default time matters when I was making the "Count up" mode. I'll fix those this afternoon!
Honestly, there's lots wrong with count-up mode, so I'll take another look through everything after work. I'm not 100% sure why the division check doesn't work at 60 minutes, and I'm also not sure how I will go about showing the MM:SS format on the admin panel.

One other thing, it looks like you're either running GameMaster in a Linux distro I'm not familiar with or Windows 11. Which one? Now I'm really curious!

Thank you so much for your feedback! This helps a lot, and I'm glad I'll start to be able to iron out some of the bugs! As I have updates for you, I'll let you know here, or you can keep up to date with development in real-time in our Discord server. (https://discord.gg/WzA4FncR8f)

TheLittleDoctor

Hi!

View attachment 79497
Ok, I've worked out what I can work out right now, I think. Give this one a test for me and let me know how it does!
Release v2.1.0b5 · TheLittleDoc/GameMaster (github.com)