Game shows in Capture Properties window, but not in main preview or output.

Dannu

I realise this is a tediously common question, but I've no where left to turn.

I installed OBS on the recomendation of a friend who said it was good for game recording, but I can't get a recorded image no matter what I do and I just get a black screen. We both use Windows 7 (64Bit) and the latest version of OBS, and it works fine on his machine, but it's refusing to capture any image on mine. I've read every forum thread on this topic, watched dozens of "fix" videos, and spent 5 solid days trying to get a picture, but it's always the same result.

Game capture is set, the window target is correct, my GPU has been selected (NVIDIA GTX 1050 TI), compatibility & administrator stuff had been done, but still nothing.

Oddly, when I click on Game Capture properties, the game shows up in the preview window there, but not in the main preview window. This suggests that the software IS in fact seeing the image, but somethng is stopping it from capturing. Display Capture works fine for recording desktop, but that goes white when I run the game and try to capture it that way (I tried OBS classic and that DOES capture the image, but the quality was atrocious and completely unusable).

As I say, I'm kind of backed into a corner here, so if anyone can maybe tell me if I've missed something then thet'd be great!

Dannu

So, it turns out that when you create the source you have to UNCHECK "Make Soucre Visible" to get it to show.

Not sure if that's a flag error in the software, but surely it should be the other way around? Either way, it resolved the issue.

koala

We both use Windows 7 (64Bit)
Since you're running under Windows 7, people tend to not look at issues that may be fixed anyway with up to date OS. I recommend you update to Windows 10, better Windows 11. It's still a free upgrade, even to Windows 11.

Suslik V

@carolbreaks At least try to reset the Transform properties of the source (to make sure that is not rendered out of the screen) and check if any filters applied to it (remove them all).