Question / Help Frames Missed and Frames Skipped help. Memory leak issue?

nofxian2

Ok so my system is a
i7 9700k cpu
2080 Super
msi gaming egde ac
16 GB ram

i've been streaming a bit and noticed lately i have been getting alot more missed and skipped frames. I have tried alot of stuff to fix it. Messed with every setting i can think of but could not figure it out. So i finally decided to check my logs. Now admittedly I dont know much about obs logs. Dont really know what im lookin at, but i could tell straight away especially with this one something was off. I looked up stuff on memory leaks and nothing really helped so I am posting here in hopes someone smarter than me can help me out. If its not the memory leak thats causing the missed and skipped frames i guess i have 2 issues i gotta figure out.... So any help is greatly appreciated cause at this point im losing my mind.

Attachments

• 2020-05-22 23-36-38.txt
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 127

qhobbes

You have Mismatched Refresh Rates. Set your Acer XB272 to 60hz.
Set your Display and Game Capture Sources in different Scenes.
Update Windows while you're at it.

nofxian2

You have Mismatched Refresh Rates. Set your Acer XB272 to 60hz.
Set your Display and Game Capture Sources in different Scenes.
Update Windows while you're at it.
Having mismatched refresh rates can cause fps drops in obs? Didnt know that could be an issue. so i'll have to play at 60hz? thats rough lol

qhobbes

I ran your log through OBS Log Analyzer and it stated that was an issue. All your monitors should be at the same refresh rate. Supposedly fixed in next version of Windows 10.

qhobbes

That may have something to do with your Display and Game Capture Sources being in the same scene. Set your Display and Game Capture Sources in different Scenes.