JackTheRipperGB

Game runs 100% perfectly smooth but recording/ stream stutters

the framerate of the game goes out of sync with obs, this happends quite randomly and periodically, and length of that period is non consistent and so are intervals between it. The game can be running completely fine for long period of time, or the stuttering can start right from the start
Stuttering clearly seen in the preview and it translates into recording / stream => no reported dropped frames recording or encoding lag.

Sometimes it feels like perfomance degrades over the time, as if it starts occasionally missing a frame here and there and then it feels less smoother until it becomes quite obviously stuttery and then resyncs to smooth and perfect and repeats the cycle

I tried switching on / off game mode / resizeable bar / admin mode / hags / both monitors are running 120 refreshed rates, all games vsync fps locked
I tried disabling preview, switching monitors, turning off a single monitor, keeping obs on main monitor etc
Tried full reinstall of windows 11 from the scratch, using new installer file ( not inside the os option to make sure its perfectly clean)
the only thing installed on streamign pc is steam discord epic games and chrome
This behaviour repeats itself in SLOBS and Shadowplay.

All Game runs perfectly 60 / 120 fps no fps drops / no frametime drops. No noticeable lag in game (buttery smooth) when its happening on preview and stream

Outside of this laggy moment, obs capturing everything correctly and smoothly

Using windows 11, high end pc => obs never even close to utilizing pc to its fullest, bios chipset driver nvidia driver up to date

Happends on multiple games.

Alt tabbing seems to somewhat resync the game sometimes, so does starting recording, restarting obs (basically any action that kinda affects the interaction of obs and the game)
Multiple instances of when game capture can be laggy, but switching to display capture and it runs smooth with no lags (and opposite is the case as well)

Hard to replicate, multiple times i though i solved by changing settings and no lags were showing up for like 30-50 mins when testing for it to reppeat later. Seems like once the issue starts happening in obs, it intesifies drastically until you restart obs

Really in desperate state of needing help to resolve this issue, been spending countless hours trying to resolve it to no result

Attachments

• 2022-04-29 15-56-05.txt
    53 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

JackTheRipperGB

I want to bring extra attention that game CAN LAG IN GAME CAPTURE MODE, and at the same time NOT LAG in DISPLAY CAPTURE , i keep switching back and forth using hotkey and i have no idea what could be causing this ( it works opposite way, so solution use display capture doesnt work )

konsolenritter

Start with this: