For some reason I'm only able to stream in 720p to Twitch

SoerenLive

Since monday I have the issue that OBS doesn't let me stream on 900/1080p and I also can only select 720p as highest resolution on my twitch stream. First I thought it was because of the new update so I downgraded from Version 28.0.01 to Version 27.2.4 but my stream's highest resolution was still 720p. When I use StreamLabs OBS (Yeah, I know its trash) with the same settings as in OBS Studio it works and I can watch my stream in 1080p. Can someone help me on this issue?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,629
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 2,622

Gradus

Twitch removes source video rate if you go beyond 8500kbit (video+audio bitrate). Set 8350 max for video and 128kbit for audio bitrates to resolve the issue.

SoupHeard

You should maximize it, under Settings > Output > Streaming - in Video Bitrate, and under that in Audio Bitrate.
I'm using slobs and there isn't a max also I'm looking to limit it not max it. Another thing is i finally found where you can just change the output of your stream to 1080p but when i did it the stream is in 1080, but if i move my mouse fast or if i run through tall grass it looks like shit again.

AaronD

if i move my mouse fast or if i run through tall grass it looks like shit again.

For pretty much everything else:
I'm using slobs
You should contact them for support on their product or services.
Here you can find support for OBS Studio.

AaronD

didn't really help much but yea.
Either your bitrate is still not enough, or that control is doing nothing and you actually have a lower bitrate. Or you're using a terrible method to allocate those bits, but that's less likely.

SoupHeard

my bitrate normally stays at 6000 but i will drop sometimes to the lowest 5400. so as a test i put it too 5000 and it went to 720p.so i put it back to 6000 and its 1080p but blurry at high compressions points. also i don't know what you mean by control is doing nothing what is control.

AaronD

my bitrate normally stays at 6000 but i will drop sometimes to the lowest 5400. so as a test i put it too 5000 and it went to 720p.so i put it back to 6000 and its 1080p but blurry at high compressions points. also i don't know what you mean by control is doing nothing what is control.
The control is what you just described. You *think* you're setting it to 6000, but it's not actually using that setting. There's a different setting somewhere else that it's actually using, and it's set lower. Just speculation.