Question / Help File Causes Lag on video editing software

Profaniter

So I have started my YouTube Channel experience journey and I need some help understanding why it caused the lag and so... first off here's my spec.

MacBook Air (13-Inch, 2017)
Processor 1.8 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

So I decided to give OBS a chance and I played around with the settings to test to see if everything works fine... I don't use my voice, I'm Deaf, I use ASL for this purpose. Then when I'm done, I uploaded the file to iMovie. my gosh, it TAKES SO LONG for it to "render and load" the video. I mean, whenever I move to specific time frame, it lag and made me wait long.. I know I may be a rookie or something but I'm pretty well familiar with technology but when it comes to OBS and its settings, I wasn't sure... I was hoping if someone in this similar situation may have solution to this. Cuz I wasn't sure what to do next.. if I done something wrong please let me know.. I was using iMovie for my video editing, I should probably start some another software editor.

So in the setting: Recording format is mov, encoder: Apple VT H264 Hardware Encoder. Bitrate: 2500 Kbps. Keyframe interval: 0. Profile: NONE.
Base (Canvas) Resolution 1920x1080
Output (Scaled) 1920x1080
Downscale Filter: Lanczos (Sharpened scaling, 36 samples)
common FPS values: 30

Thank you much appreciated you guys!

Narcogen

2500 is much too low for good quality 1080p30. YouTube's own guidance is 8-12 Mbps for this resolution. For local recording, do not choose a bitrate. Choose CRF rate control and a quality setting between 14 (very high) and 32 (good).

Your GPU is significantly underpowered for this sort of work. You may wish to consider dealing in 720p30 instead to lower render times.