Question / Help Failed to start recording

MXR156

Hi All,

I seem to be experiencing an issue with OBS not streaming with my hardware. This wasn't an issue around a month ago when I last streamed, but I can only assume it has been brought on by a graphics card update.

I am using Windows 10, i7 6700k and 2x NVidia GTX 1070's (not in SLI). One is hooked up for my VR setup, the other is for 2 additional monitors.

Whenever I try to start a stream or recording I get "Starting the out put failed. Please check the log for details."

I've attached the logs and the screenshot of the error. I've already completely removed my graphics drivers and re-installed with clean installation. And a clean re-install of OBS. It seems pretty strange that it's only just occured for absolutely no obvious reason.

If anyone could spread some light on that it would be great.

Thanks,

Andy

Attachments

• 2019-12-21 17-36-13.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 24
  • OBS01.PNG
    OBS01.PNG
    54.7 KB · Views: 29

MXR156

Only the VR apps that start with Windows, although they were loading previously with no issue. I will disable them and try running OBS without them running now.

EDIT: You absolute genius! I have no idea what has been updated... But it's working now I've disabled them. I will have to disable Vive Port before windows loads and try again.

Last edited: