Face Tracker

Face Tracker 0.7.1

thesamim

I'm pretty sure I've read about this somewhere else, but can't find it now.

Issue: When a camera source with Face Tracker PTZ is activated in a scene, if this scene is de-activated and another scene with a different camera source (but for same camera), I can no longer control the camera.

Using VISCA-over-TCP in Face Tacker PTZ. (Pretty sure had the same issue with "through PTZ Controls"

To try to explain:
  • Sources:
    • Camera 1 : FoMaKo Camera 1
      • Filters:
        • None
    • Camera 1 Follow : FoMaKo Camera 1
      • Filters:
        • Face Tracker PTZ
  • Scenes:
    • Scene 1 -- Need Face Tracking
      • Camera 1 Follow
    • Scene 2 -- I control the camera
      • Camera 1
IE: I have two NDI sources with the same camera, but different filters. Is there a different way to do this?

When Scene 2 is active, I can control the camera fine. If I switch to Scene 1 and come back to Scene 2, I can no longer control the camera.

I have tried making a hotkey for "Pause Face Tracking" and using it. It didn't make a difference.

I have tried "muting" The camera (camera 1 follow) and the scene (Scene 1 -- Need Face Tracking). It didn't make a difference.

What else can I provide?

What am I missing?

lalabiang

Just wondering, would the tracking able to work with PTZ Optic camera?. And would it allow zoom in and out if the face move back and forth or is this plug in allow only tracking left and right (Which is great)?

professor_void_

Is there a working version for OBS 29? I just recently updated and it seems the obs face tracker doesnt work sadly. Your plugin is amazing and I would hate to loose it

norihiro

Is there a working version for OBS 29? I just recently updated and it seems the obs face tracker doesnt work sadly. Your plugin is amazing and I would hate to loose it
I thought this plugin should work with OBS 29. On my setup using Fedora 36, this plugin is working with OBS 29.
Could you provide your log file so I can investigate the issue.

pmania

I copied the files to the obs directory but when starting obs it says that the plugin couldn't be loaded.

Rob M

Hi
I have copied the folder into my OBS-Studio folder, but can't seem to see anything in OBS when running it.
How do I find it to activate it please???

OBS version is OBS29 under Win 10 pro

Rob M

Hi
I have a Logitech PTZ pro 2 but the plug in doesn't seem to recognise it. I have a dropdown box at the top of the control display, but nothing in there to select.

Is there any way to get this camera to be recognised please?
I do believe the control commands are available as another person has written a plug in that allows control from the keyboard

Mike Lynch

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I would love the ability to use the Face Tracker to change position of another image. I have VFX that trigger during certain chat events and would love to be able to make other images follow my face without having to use Snap Cam (which doesn't work with my main camera for some reason). Attached is the effect I would hope for.

Edit: No need for it to be perfect. In fact, I think it'd be even funnier if it wasnt :)
Praying we get this as well.
Lord i have some ideas.

@bronardgodines

Hola, me gustaría recomendarte que crees otro complemento o le agregues la opción de seguimiento 3D de todo el entorno, no solo la cara.
maxresdefault.jpg

Hi,
I just tried to install 0.7.0 on my Mac OS Ventura. OBS 29.1.2. (the most current) it doesn't show up. I'm wondering if I'm making the wrong installer choice, but don't know for sure. I still have OBS 29.0.2. and it works there. It's an intel Mac definitely 64. Can you point me in the right direction? Any ideas? Update: It works now. Initially I was given errors when trying to install it with your installer then I tried to install it manually, which didn't work. I uninstalled it manually then a fresh install through your installer and it worked! Thanks for the plugin it's a lot of fun!

Last edited:

mpek

Just checking the logs for some issues and recognized:

Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'obs-face-tracker.dll'

Why is that and what can be done to let it load the right text?

drewlinskii

Absolutely love this plugin. It introduces a new dynamic where I will always constantly be the center point of the face cam.

The only issue so far is:

1) Inability to save presets, and have them save across different face trackers. Say I have Face Track 1, but if I want a Face Track 2, have the same face track settings as FT1, I'm unable to use the FT1 preset on FT2. The best workaround I have for this is to use Source Clone and clone FT1. This probably works better in the long run, as it's just using one face tracking method? IDK, haven't tested performance at all.

norihiro

norihiro updated Face Tracker with a new update entry:

Face Tracker 0.7.1

This is an experimental release.

Changes in 0.7.1
  • Added MMOD face detection algorithm in dlib.
  • Uses RGB image for image processing instead of grayscale.
  • Fixed crash when correlation-tracker model is not loaded properly.
  • Fixed crash when CPU is so slow that correlation tracker cannot process within a frame time.
  • Removed too verbose log when controlling a PTZ camera.
  • Updated dlib version to 19.24.2.

Limitation...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Karloka

Nice little plugin, any way to for example, add an image that tracks over my face if for example, I'm doing some sort of ARG or such, any my face has like "Static" over it

therealdadbeard

Works great for me and CPU usage on a 5800x3D is very low.

Just one thing I am trying to do is that when I only turn my face I don't want the tracking to move. Just when I kinda move the whole head/body.

For example when I only turn my head the tracking will follow and uncenter me.

Other than that works pretty smooth after you enable landmark detection.

Karloka

Nice little plugin, any way to for example, add an image that tracks over my face if for example, I'm doing some sort of ARG or such, any my face has like "Static" over it

AdainDyn

Whenever I activate the Face Tracker filter on my camera all audio on my computer starts to stutter. Videos play fine, but it's audio also stutters. CPU and GPU usage stay low, no indications of resources being taxed to much. 5950x, 3090, 64gb of RAM.

Anyone else run into this issue?