Face Tracker

Face Tracker 0.7.1

derJoe

Dear norihiro,
works very well, thank you.
for a reserarch project I need to read out the X- and Y- value´s of the tracked position.
This positions should given in realtime to an other software for my termal camera.
It´s to monitor epilepsy patients in the night.

Thank you in Advance
Josef

norihiro

norihiro updated Face Tracker with a new update entry:

OBS Face Tracker 0.6.0

Changes in 0.6.0
  • Update build script to support both OBS 27 and OBS 28.
    • Package for Apple Silicon is shipped.
  • PTZ: Reduce ammount of PTZ commands sent to obs-ptz.
  • Some minor bugfixes.

Limitation

• Not all binary packages are tested.
    • Package for OBS 28 on Intel macOS is tested on version 0.6.0.
    • Package for OBS 28 on M1/M2 macOS is not tested.
    • Package for OBS 28 on Windows is tested...

Read the rest of this update entry...

norihiro

OBS Face Tracker 0.6.1

This is a hotfix change release.

Changes in 0.6.1
  • filter: Fixed zoom becoming negative
  • Fixed plugin directory structure for OBS 28.0-rc1 (and later) on macOS.
  • Fixed UUIDs for macOS installer, which were same as those in obs-plugintemplate.

Limitation

• Package for OBS 28 on Intel macOS is tested on the version 0.6.1.
    • Package for OBS 28 on M1/M2 macOS is not tested...

norihiro

OBS Face Tracker 0.6.2

Changes in 0.6.2
  • Fixed openblas dependency in the packages for OBS 28 on macOS.
  • Windows: Not release installer but only a zip package since some anti-virus software alarms unsigned installer and some users complained about that.
For Windows and Linux, there is no changes in the behavior.

Limitation

• Package for OBS 28 on Intel macOS is...

dattrax

I tested the plugin with some PTZ cameras and I was wondering if it had capability to do some things (maybe I am missing something in the configuration)

1) is it able to limit the pan window to a certain area? I'd like the camera to move left/right but only to a limited extent. Its not clear if this would be a feature of the AI tracker or a feature of the ptz plugin that it talks to
2) Its appears a little unnatural on the track updates, so doesn't move the ptz in a way a human operator would move it. Is there any way to make it smoothly track/ease in and out on the motion?

Cheers
Jim

norihiro

Thank you for trying this plugin.
1) is it able to limit the pan window to a certain area? I'd like the camera to move left/right but only to a limited extent. Its not clear if this would be a feature of the AI tracker or a feature of the ptz plugin that it talks to
Some camera models have the ability to limit the range but obs-ptz plugin does not provide changing the limit settings.
I added this to my feature-request list but I cannot guarantee when it will be available.

2) Its appears a little unnatural on the track updates, so doesn't move the ptz in a way a human operator would move it. Is there any way to make it smoothly track/ease in and out on the motion?
If you enable 68-point face landmark detection model, the zoom might become a little stable.
In addition, the next release of obs-ptz will add more slow speed of zoom for Sony VISCA protocol so that it might improve a little for the zoom control. Still I feel these two are not smooth enough. I need better ideas to make it more smooth.

norihiro

Face Tracker 0.6.3

Changes in 0.6.3
  • Fixed an issue the filter is not loaded by OBS 27 (Linux only)
For Windows and macOS, there is no changes in the behavior.

Limitation

• Package for OBS 28 on M1/M2 macOS is tested on the version 0.6.2.
    • Package for OBS 28 on Windows is tested on the...

norihiro

Face Tracker 0.6.4

Changes in 0.6.4
  • Linux: Fixed the plugin is not loaded by OBS Studio 28.
For Windows and macOS, there is no changes in the behavior.

Limitation

• Package for OBS 28 on M1/M2 macOS is tested on the version 0.6.2.
    • Package for OBS 28 on Windows is tested on the version...

harshanlal

I am unable to install 0.6.4 0.6.3 or 0.6.2 on m1 Mac with OBS 28 using the pkg installer or unzipping to the plugin directory. OBS does not recognise the plugin although other plugins have been installed and work. Your assistance will be appreciated.

harshanlal

I am unable to install 0.6.4 0.6.3 or 0.6.2 on m1 Mac with OBS 28 using the pkg installer or unzipping to the plugin directory. OBS does not recognise the plugin although other plugins have been installed and work. Your assistance will be appreciated.
the update 28.0.1 solved it for me

norihiro

At the step "Installtion Type", please try to click "Change Install Location..." and choose "Install for me only".
Other options do not work but somehow another option seems to be selected by default.

Taquito_Surprise

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I would love the ability to use the Face Tracker to change position of another image. I have VFX that trigger during certain chat events and would love to be able to make other images follow my face without having to use Snap Cam (which doesn't work with my main camera for some reason). Attached is the effect I would hope for.

Edit: No need for it to be perfect. In fact, I think it'd be even funnier if it wasnt :)

Attachments

• Thug Life Face Tracking with Move Image.jpg
    Thug Life Face Tracking with Move Image.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

norihiro

Face Tracker 0.7.0

This is an experimental release.

Changes in 0.7.0
  • Implemented a dock widget to monitor and control tracking.
    • Currently, limited features are implemented; pause/unpause, reset, enable/disable, and open the property dialog.
  • Implemented a new feature to recall preset and/or zoom-out when face has lost.
  • Fixed detector and tracker results are not cleared when pushing reset hotkey.

Limitation

• Not...

glikely

Thank you for trying this plugin.

Some camera models have the ability to limit the range but obs-ptz plugin does not provide changing the limit settings.
I added this to my feature-request list but I cannot guarantee when it will be available.

If you enable 68-point face landmark detection model, the zoom might become a little stable.
In addition, the next release of obs-ptz will add more slow speed of zoom for Sony VISCA protocol so that it might improve a little for the zoom control. Still I feel these two are not smooth enough. I need better ideas to make it more smooth.
I'm slowly getting support for setting camera properties added into obs-ptz. Hopefully I'll get the ability to set limits added to the plugin before the end of the year.

DTSXavid

Question for y'all, my tracking randomly turns off and on. Any idea why that would be the case? I tried turning the threshold on and off.

LeBlux

hi @norihiro
just getting some news about the integration of yolo library or something like that , do you still plan to try this ?
this is still my big wish about your awesome product =)
hope everything is ok

happy new year to you

LeBlux

and now , snap camera is going to shutdown , I think there is even more something to make obvious for obs now , with a face rig , yolo and many more , please norihiro you're my only hope ....