Face Tracker

Face Tracker 0.7.1

norihiro

I just tried v0.5.0 and find it harder to use than earlier versions. I don't really know how the tracking threshold value in db's relates to the image.
An option to disable the threshold is added in a new release 0.5.2. I hope it will better experience for you.

-sky-

Thanks Norihiro!
Do you think it will be possible to implement a feature for tracking horses or other objects (cars)?
We film a lot of horse jumping (200-400 horses a day) and we are searching for a solution to do this
automatically with our Panasonic PTZs.

toplachi

I am also really glad with the developments of this plug in. We were able to set it up on 2 cheap ptz cameras and used it on an event. I set the z axis to the lowest values and manually control zooming using PTZ controls and then added another keypress filter to disable the tracking in cases the detection would drift or anytime I don't want the camera to move

My next plan is to add another ptz face tracker filter to the camera sources that I can toggle for automatic zooming.

May I suggest to make the filter settings more user friendly by adding descriptions something like "LOWER values = less movement, HIGH= move movement" :-)

norihiro

Do you think it will be possible to implement a feature for tracking horses or other objects (cars)?
We film a lot of horse jumping (200-400 horses a day)
I'm sorry that currently I'm looking for other improvements and I cannot make object tracking for near future.

Cerberus262

Is there any documentation as to what each parameter controls? I'm trying to adjust settings and don't know what each one actually does.

toplachi

Is there any documentation as to what each parameter controls? I'm trying to adjust settings and don't know what each one actually does.

I will create document.
In short, I recommend to reduce Kp.
Kp is a proportional factor. Reducing Kp will result slow response.
Ki and Td should be similar value or Ki should be a little smaller. For example, (Ki, Kd) = (0.30, 0.42), (0.42, 0.42), or something in between.
Ki controls gain if the subject keeps moving the same direction. Larger Ki will results overshoot when the subject stopped.
Td controls response when the subject start moving. Larger Td will quickly respond but introduce unwilling vibration.

More...

Herby

Hi, I tried to get the plugin runnin under mac and copied the folder to the newly created plugins directory. But unfortunately I cannot see the plugin / source like I do on a PC. Do I miss something - maybe this dlib? Do I need to compile? Sorry I have no idea bec. I am really new to mac.

norihiro

Hi, I tried to get the plugin runnin under mac and copied the folder to the newly created plugins directory. But unfortunately I cannot see the plugin / source like I do on a PC. Do I miss something - maybe this dlib? Do I need to compile? Sorry I have no idea bec. I am really new to mac.
Files should be expanded like a description below.
https://github.com/norihiro/obs-face-tracker/wiki/Install-MacOS#gui-installation-from-zip-package
On Finder, you will see a triangle button, if you click the triangle, files under the directory will be shown.
`obs-face-tracker.so` in `bin` directory is the main plugin file. Other files in `lib` directory is necessary files for the plugin.
Dlib is included in `obs-face-tracker.so` so that it is not necessary to build dlib by users.

Milochrist

Excellent plugin! wanted to ask if there's a way to update this with the ability to add a source that could "follow" your head.
For example, a hat that will always be in top of your head
Thanks!

norihiro

a way to update this with the ability to add a source that could "follow" your head.
For example, a hat that will always be in top of your head
Thank you for your comment.
Did you mean following an object or something even if it is not detected as a face?

Milochrist

Thank you for your comment.
Did you mean following an object or something even if it is not detected as a face?
No, I mean something that could use the data from your plugin. For example, your plugin detects where my eyes are (or something like that). Then I could use a sunglasses picture that will follow my eyes.
I don't know if that's understandable, english is not my first language haha

toplachi

I wonder which settings to change to achieve this, something to tame my camera from moving too much while the detected face is still near the center of the frame (or target area) but also alert enough to catch up when it gets out of that area... I am imagining a settings that might be similar to a deadband or an adjustable dimension of the screen where a ptz camera won't move until the detected face gets out of that dimension.

mlxllc

Would it be possible to track other objects or simply moving objects? I'd like to track a particular bright orange-colored fish that appears in a fish tank live video.

LeBlux

following an object or something even if it is not detected as a face?
As many others already ask for this , it would be the perfect add-on for this awesome plugin , it works perfectly , but in my case , unfortuntly I'm wearing a VR headset , and It can't find my face anymore ...
It could be a body tracker instead of a face tracker also ...

norihiro , plz , tell us you are working on this ! =)

Last edited: