Face Tracker

Face Tracker 0.7.1

PetitJabanes

This is such a great plugin! But you know what would make it even better? If you and @glikely would work together on a real PTZ optical tracking! That would be game changing d-(^_^)-b

glikely

Kamae's last test looked good so I suspect he is getting ready to release the integrated FT build.
I better stablize the ABI pretty quick then. The ABI that he is using is not final. Otherwise the facetracker plugin will break when I make the next ptz-controls release

@norihiro When do you plan on making a release that uses the ptz-control API?

GregPeatfield

I better stablize the ABI pretty quick then. The ABI that he is using is not final. Otherwise the facetracker plugin will break when I make the next ptz-controls release

@norihiro When do you plan on making a release that uses the ptz-control API?
The test I ran showed pretty good stability. I had two PTZ cameras running through the OBS-CONTROL being driven by his FT tool. Tracked very well so it is probably good for an initial release in my mind. Improvements are always welcome! :)

norihiro

EB123

object tracking would be an awesome extension of this function.. the way gimbals and drones allow you to highlight a box around the subject to follow is intuitive and would be a good way to implement it... also some intelligent automatic zoom would be useful for added variation.. ideally the user could set basic zoom parameters such as Frequency, Range and Speed and then the plugin makes some decisions when to add occasional zoom based on those settings... for example if the tracked subject wasnt moving or moving slow it may raise probability and of zoom the if user had frequency set to high/low that could influence the rate further... then range controls is how far in/out the zoom moves and speed obviously how fast/slow etc.. with the right settings this could make PTZ appear like a human is operating the camera live..

norihiro

object tracking would be an awesome extension of this function.. the way gimbals and drones allow you to highlight a box around the subject to follow is intuitive and would be a good way to implement it... also some intelligent automatic zoom would be useful for added variation..
Thank you for a wonderful idea. I never thought about correlation tracking for the video feed from drones. I'm thinking of a GUI to let users select where to track. I guess it would take some time to implement this feature.

For zoom, I will add LPF and different attenuation settings for the next release. It will reduce some vibration of the zoom.
I have provided dead-band and nonlinear-band settings for the fluctuation of zoom. However, I cannot figure out if it is useful to suppress the fluctuation.

EB123

Thank you for a wonderful idea. I never thought about correlation tracking for the video feed from drones. I'm thinking of a GUI to let users select where to track. I guess it would take some time to implement this feature.

glad you like the idea.. im not a coder but i can understand it might be difficult to implement... it would be great to see if its possible..

i can envisage a setup where there are multiple PTZ cameras tracking different subjects and suddenly the production looks like you have 4 or 5 crew where it may only be 1 or 2 people involved. i also think it could be fun to develop sets of rules for tracking to make the software have some intelligence around how it handles different scenarios.. lots of scope for cool ideas in this area i think.. :)

norihiro

norihiro updated Face Tracker with a new update entry:

Face Tracker 0.4.0

This is a new release with improvements for zoom control.
  • Add attenuation property for zoom (face tracker filter only)
  • Separate LPF parameter for zoom (both face tracker filter and PTZ)
Due to this change, all users will experience different behavior of the zoom control.
If exactly same behavior is needed, set `Attenuation (Z)` to `0 dB` and `Track LPF for Td (Z)` to same value as `Track LPF for Td (X, Y)`.

Read the rest of this update entry...

norihiro

Face Tracker 0.5.0

This is a experimental release.
Detection and tracking has improvement. Users may experience differences from the old version.
Face Tracker PTZ has many improvements.

Changes from 0.4.2
  • Add a new property to adjust tracking threshold
  • Add a new feature to crop image for face detection (not effective for tracking)
  • Changes only for PTZ
    • Fix an issue that zoom control was not working when sending through obs-ptz.
    • Stop camera before exiting OBS...

khaver

I just tried v0.5.0 and find it harder to use than earlier versions. I don't really know how the tracking threshold value in db's relates to the image. Also, when someone puts their head down for a while (reading from the bible), and the detector doesn't detect their face, the tracker drifts away from where the last detection was instead of just staying still until they look up again. The cropping feature is nice, but would like a visual cue for where the crop line is at (a checkbox setting in the debug section to hide and unhide the crop lines).

Thanks again for your work on this plugin.

norihiro

I just tried v0.5.0 and find it harder to use than earlier versions. I don't really know how the tracking threshold value in db's relates to the image. Also, when someone puts their head down for a while (reading from the bible), and the detector doesn't detect their face, the tracker drifts away from where the last detection was instead of just staying still until they look up again.

Thanks again for your work on this plugin.
Yes, when he/she puts their head down for a while, tracking will be lost. I expect the filter will gradually stop so that it does not matter, does it? Or, do they read the bible while walking?
If you set smaller `Tracking threshold`, tracking will continue longer but still not forever.
If that's the case, I think it would be better to have much longer settings or have a checkbox to revert the lost-face behavior.

By the way, I recommend to set smaller `Tracking Kp`, such as 0.3 or 0.1, if the person is not so actively moves. It might be a workaround for your issue if the person is not walking around.

Maybe, I need to find a better learnt data to detect human head (not just frontal face).

norihiro

Face Tracker 0.5.1

This is a minor change release.

Changes in 0.5.1
  • Face Tracker Source is newly added.
    Previously, Face Tracker works as a filter. Now users have a choice to have another source.
    This will fix the issue that the tracking start from the initial condition at transition if Duplicate Sources is set.
  • Filter: Fixed width and height if Stop tracking faces is set and Aspect setting is...