Extremely choppy recordings

WomboGonzo

To start, I record only.

I've done a short test recording, about 50 seconds and posted to to an unlisted YouTube video.

This has never been an issue. I've tried chaning the qualty from indistuisiable to high quality. changing the encoder from HEVC to software x264 and regular x264. Not running admin to running in admin. I've changed the downscale filter. Im at a loss.

Unlisted YT Vid: https://youtu.be/Ta3N_wj4Id4

System Spec
GPU: RTX 3090
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
RAM: 64 GB G.Skill 3600 Mhz (2x36)
Sound Card: Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus

Attachments

• 2022-03-27 06-03-06.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,228

koala

You messed up a bunch of settings. You're the proof it's possible to bring even the most powerful system down to a crawl. Instead of leaving everything at default, you reset everything to something that's worse than the default and lead to performance issues.

To repair:
Create a new profile with Profile->New
Run the configuration wizard with Tools->Auto-Configuration Wizard and answer the available options accordingly.
Afterwards, the only (only!) settings to change might be Settings->Video->Output resolution (you might want the same as the canvas resolution) and Settings->Output->Recording->Recording quality (you might want "Indistinguishable quality").
Don't change anything else.

PaiSand

Please check the analizer and follow recommendations.

You should record using CQP rate control.
And you're recording using Display Capture instead of Game Capture.

WomboGonzo

You messed up a bunch of settings. You're the proof it's possible to bring even the most powerful system down to a crawl. Instead of leaving everything at default, you reset everything to something that's worse than the default and lead to performance issues.

To repair:
Create a new profile with Profile->New
Run the configuration wizard with Tools->Auto-Configuration Wizard and answer the available options accordingly.
Afterwards, the only (only!) settings to change might be Settings->Video->Output resolution (you might want the same as the canvas resolution) and Settings->Output->Recording->Recording quality (you might want "Indistinguishable quality").
Don't change anything else.

Yep, that fixed it. thank you

BareBonesTek

Hello!
I stumbled across this thread in my researching of the same issue.
In my case I am trying to record the output of my Elgato Facecam Pro. What I have noticed is that the recording seems to start out fine, but after about 10 seconds, it looks like the frame rate is dropping off.
I did what you suggested, setting everything to 4k 60fps, but it made no apparent difference, however dropping everything to 1080p / 30fps seemed to work. It looks to me to be a bottleneck issue, but I don't know what / where!

Core i5-120600k (3.7 GHz)
64 Gb RAM
SSD
Intel UHD Graphics 770 (on board)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Windows 10 Pro (22H2, 19045.4046)

Thoughts?