Question / Help Encoding & Rendering Lag with MSI RTX 2080ti - tried everything I could find

Benvaulter

Hello everyone,

I have been using OBS to stream to Twitch for a little over a year now and am super happy with the software. I recently built a new computer that should have enough horsepower to run games smoothly while providing a high quality stream. Here is the quick summary of my system:
  • MSI RTX 2080ti
  • Intel Core i9 9900k
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
I have a 4k monitor (Acer Predator XB273k) and a WQHD monitor (Asus PG278QR) hooked up to the system with both monitors running their native resolution (3840x2160 and 2560x1440). I play on the 4k monitor and have OBS open on the other screen. Hence I setup my canvas to be 4K and then rescale to full HD for output. Connectivity-wise, I have run twitch-inspector over several longer periods and achieve stable rates above 5800 kb/s (ranges from 5800-6000).

With my new system, I would like to stream in Full HD with 60fps (and everyone in my stream who seem to be tech-savy say that should be ease given the specs of my system). However, starting to stream and firing up games never provides a smooth stream and OBS quickly displays that it is running into encoding issues. I tried F1 2019 for the past few sessions but also had trouble with other games.

The games I play run super smooth with FPS way above 60 at all times.

For my OBS-settings (i have double-checked I am using the latest version: 23.2.1 (64bit)), I have included a log of a test stream I just conducted. But apart from these settings, I have also tried a bunch of other settings:
  • Tried each of the encoders (NVENC new, NVENC, x264)
  • Disabled "look-ahead"/"psycho-visual optimization"
  • Had my canvas on Full HD and rescaled windows to fit it
From reading in a bunch of Forums, I also tried the following, but all without any success
  • Disabled the Windows Game Bar (I have left this setting disabled for now anyway)
  • Turned off G-Sync on my monitors
I am running out of ideas what I could try next... Any idea how to tackle this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments

• 2019-09-12 15-02-43.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 25