Elgato HD60 S+ Muffled/Distorted Audio When Streaming via OBS.

Smasherfan88

Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/lNVt7o50t1JoFF-b

Hey hey, I just got a new Elgato HD60 S+ in today and I've set it up and when listening to the audio in the 4K Capture Utility program thats for it, the audio is just fine. However... when I go to OSB to start streaming it for either twitch or just on discord with friends, I've been told these last few hours the audio sounds rather... wrong. They've described it as muffled or a bit distorted, kinda like they're listening to it like they're underwater. I've watched countless videos within the last couple of hours to see if its just a optimization issue or something. That said all I get are videos basically fixing audio not popping up at all or how to get it to work with a headset or something. The former of that I haven't had such an issue and for now I'm not interested in using a headset while doing this sort of thing.

So if anyone can help that'd be great, even if its just optimization and not an actual issue issue I'll provide what I gotta to help out helping me in this matter, just ask.

Thank you for your time!

Smasherfan88

HD60S+ send audio only in 44100 Hz but OBS is setting on 48000 Hz, set OBS to 44100 Hz , because Elgato can't change.
Sorry for the very late get back, but this actually seems to have fixed all of that! Thank you, for some reason I couldn't find any information regarding that so its very useful.

Now to figure out how to get OBS to pick up audio from a discord VC so when I stream with friends they can be heard--.

Red X

Sorry for the very late get back, but this actually seems to have fixed all of that! Thank you, for some reason I couldn't find any information regarding that so its very useful.

Now to figure out how to get OBS to pick up audio from a discord VC so when I stream with friends they can be heard--.
Hey I'm new to OBS and couldn't figure out to change the OBS setting to this, any pointers?

Swang2k

Hey I'm new to OBS and couldn't figure out to change the OBS setting to this, any pointers?
This is a step-by-step guide to do it for anyone with issues.

In the top left go to "File" -> "Settings"

On the left side of the popup go to the "Audio" tab

Under "General", the sample rate will probably be set at 48 kHz (48000 Hz), change it to 44.1 kHz (44100 Hz).

Then just apply and restart OBS.