Elgato HD 60 pro slow desync

Hi guys so i was streaming Super Mario odyssey around 4 days ago and i noticed some desyncing happening, deactiving and reactivating the devices fixes it but then begins the cycle all over again
Examples from the same VOD. Recommend at least watching 1-2 minutes of each timestamp. Last one is best example of it happening

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/687993757?t=00h01m15s - so this is the start of the VOD, you should be able to see me move jump and it be pretty much in sync

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/687993757?t=01h20m00s - Around here when i start jumping you can see its slightly delayed and when picking up coins

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/687993757?t=01h45m27s - Here its getting worse

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/687993757?t=02h12m38s - And here is when i notice and in OBS de-activate and re-activate the card which seems to fix it only temporarily before beginning the cycle all over again

And here are 3 log files of the same day i cant recall which one is right. Have to attach them because ive streamed other games so it wouldnt be the same log.

Attachments

• 2020-07-23 07-02-35.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 2020-07-23 13-05-05.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 2020-07-23 17-21-51.txt
    16.3 KB · Views: 25
Have you always had those settings? didn't change anything at all? Also make sure you run OBS as admin, that can cause things to happen.

Last edited:
Have you always had those settings? didn't change anything at all? Also make sure you run OBS as admin, that can cause things to happen.
Yup, never had to change anything for anything else, that being said i havent used this capture card much and never really longer for an hour so i never really noticed it but i recall in luigis mansion 3 when i did play it it could have happened there too. I think those older vods are deleted though. I will try running OBS as admin during my stream coming up but i dunno if this is going to help like command and conquer zero hour where you do have to run as admin to get it to show on game capture.

Did you try it in admin? Also there are multiple game captures showing up, you can use the same Game Capture on all, or maybe try "deactivate when not showing" What audio are you using for your Desktop source?

Did you try it in admin? Also there are multiple game captures showing up, you can use the same Game Capture on all, or maybe try "deactivate when not showing" What audio are you using for your Desktop source?
It says default AKA my headset, tonight gonna do a test stream that you can do with twitch inspector so no one gets an alert and try it with admin and that thing unchecked after a reset (because i did change it mid stream) and see what happens. Are the gamecaptures within the same scene? When i look at the main scene all i see is gamecapture window capture,display capture they are all deactivated although i did leave my gamecapture ticked on while the elgato was on... maybe ill also try disabling that when just wanting elgato footage.

What other options do you have as audio sources? Like what selections can you choose on desktop audio in settings
My monitor, my headset and SPDIF although dunno why that one comes up, im running the test now after its been reset so we will see what happens, it is running with that offline bandwidth test though so we will see what happens and im running it as admin this time. Should find out what happens in a couple of hours

How do you have the switch hooked up? Also if you want to just double check your drivers and everything is up to date, i had an update a lil while ago

How do you have the switch hooked up? Also if you want to just double check your drivers and everything is up to date, i had an update a lil while ago
Switch is just straight to the capture card at the moment via HDMI. Capture card is an internal one. Currently im still on 1809 sorting stuff out before i make the massive jump to 2004 which may help with some multi refresh rate stuff but it wasn't exactly stable on release. My Nvidia drivers aren't up to date but i did update them about a month ago. I believe that Elgato update only came out recently didnt it? I haven't updated that yet. About 45 minutes into the test it doesn't look like its worked im seeing minor audio de-sync I think but ill have to wait another hour to confirm

EDIT: well its gonna take another 2 hours i just messed up the test trying someone elses idea. If this doesn't work ill try it. Someone thinks ticking custom audio settings and select the capture card for sound (which should be the same anyway) but we will see. I just updated Elgato here too so we will see if this update might fix it.

Last edited:
Whats your default playback setting set to? And options under recording? Under properites > advanced uncheck both boxes under Exclusive mode for each setting used.

Last edited:
Whats your default playback setting set to? And options under recording? Under properites > advanced uncheck both boxes under Exclusive mode for each setting used.
What do you mean default playback? Are we talking settings > Audio? Because desktop audio is set to default and mic/aux audio is also default

Ok i think it may have been fixed following this suggestion
One of the comments suggest to tick the custom audio option and then select game capture audio. I'm gonna test it on an actual live stream tomorrow but the twitch inspector test where its offline and problem was still occurring didnt show it.

good stuff dude
Hopefully i still want to try out some other things but at least its one solution at least 2 hours. Havent gone much further than that.
Also you think you can explain something to me? Before i had to use... well when i originally had other audio issues i had to use like the (video) (#01) to get it working but meant i had to adjust volume with my windows one instead of having a separate elgato in the audio mixer. I eventually found out the fix thanks to this article from streamlabs here
But they mentioned using monitor audio AND output but when i did this option the audio would sort of echo after a while, i got an example here
But if i do monitor only it doesn't. Why's that?