Elgato HD 60 pro slow desync

Monitor only goes to Desktop only, monitor and output goes to Desktop and through the source. I remember setting it up that way when I played on switch thats how I had it hooked up. Does any of your devices have "listen to this device" checked? Audio is always the most complicated thing about streaming, ugh lol

Monitor only goes to Desktop only, monitor and output goes to Desktop and through the source. I remember setting it up that way when I played on switch thats how I had it hooked up. Does any of your devices have "listen to this device" checked? Audio is always the most complicated thing about streaming, ugh lol
So it would also play through the switch itself or the TV its connected to i assume? So if you were playing on the TV you would need to use monitor and output? Doesnt seem to make sense seeing as the TV would have its own output. In the sound control panel about listen to this device? I dont believe so. Only my microphone seems to have that and its not ticked. Also that reddit post i linked didnt work, dunno why it felt like it did yesterday... But yeah about an hour and a half into my current stream and i see it happening again.

So it would also play through the switch itself or the TV its connected to i assume? So if you were playing on the TV you would need to use monitor and output? Doesnt seem to make sense seeing as the TV would have its own output. In the sound control panel about listen to this device? I dont believe so. Only my microphone seems to have that and its not ticked. Also that reddit post i linked didnt work, dunno why it felt like it did yesterday... But yeah about an hour and a half into my current stream and i see it happening again.
No it doesnt make sense lol there was a reason i had to do it that way, and im not saying thats what you have to do I just remember something being overly complicated about it. Does the pro show up as a recording or playback device?

How are your monitors setup? do you have hdmi out from the capture card going to your gaming monitor, or just hdmi in
Nothings coming out of the capture card only going in, in this case my nintendo switch. What im doing is using OBS fullsccreen projector source to play it on one monitor while viewing twitch chat etc on the other. I'm not using the output port of the elgato at the moment because i dont have a one directional mic and if i was to play it on my TV it would leak through my headphone mic.

Attachments

• obs settings 3.png
    obs settings 3.png
    682.8 KB · Views: 32
  • obs settings 2.png
    obs settings 2.png
    666.1 KB · Views: 31
Just mute the monitor. How is the monitor you use connected to the PC? GPU, motherboard, hdmi, display port?
Can't its not just me its appearing in the streams too. Thats the issue.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/687993757?t=00h01m15s thats the start and its fine
This is after 2 hours
Watch a minute or 2 of each and you'll see the differences.

Last edited:
No i meant mute the other monitor to use it as a game monitor. Are you hearing the delay or is it just the stream? Did you install the hdpro drivers? I just ask because you said its you just started using it

No i meant mute the other monitor to use it as a game monitor. Are you hearing the delay or is it just the stream? Did you install the hdpro drivers? I just ask because you said its you just started using it
Its both, i can hear the delay and the stream can hear the delay. Its not an echo thats a separate issue. That reddit post thought it worked but turned out it didn't. Arent' the HD60 pro drivers installed when game capture is? I'm pretty sure they make you do that. Do i have to use the newer 4K utility? Because the gamecapture i got for the HD60 pro still received an update just yesterday.

I just asked because i know its a lil different in some ways because its in the computer. Ok so lets try this.
  • Turn off Monitor only on Elgato
  • Go to Elgato properties and where it says Audio output mode set it to Output Desktop Audio (Direct Sound)
  • Whatever your desktop audio was set to should still be there (Speakers?) So you and stream will hear it through that
    • You can adjust the volume you hear with your PC if you want the volume different than the stream
    • If there is issues with sound not being heard make sure the Playback audio in Windows and the Desktop audio match and is something both sides can hear. The game will no longer coming through the Elgato
  • Double check the sound devices in Windows just to see if its the same quality as Elgato as well (48000hz)
  • Make sure you run as Admin
If you have anything you want to clarify on this let me know. But seriously give this a shot, this shouldnt have an effect on anything except where the Elgato sends its audio

I just asked because i know its a lil different in some ways because its in the computer. Ok so lets try this.
  • Turn off Monitor only on Elgato
  • Go to Elgato properties and where it says Audio output mode set it to Output Desktop Audio (Direct Sound)
  • Whatever your desktop audio was set to should still be there (Speakers?) So you and stream will hear it through that
    • You can adjust the volume you hear with your PC if you want the volume different than the stream
    • If there is issues with sound not being heard make sure the Playback audio in Windows and the Desktop audio match and is something both sides can hear. The game will no longer coming through the Elgato
  • Double check the sound devices in Windows just to see if its the same quality as Elgato as well (48000hz)
  • Make sure you run as Admin
If you have anything you want to clarify on this let me know. But seriously give this a shot, this shouldnt have an effect on anything except where the Elgato sends its audio

Thats not something i want to do because i have done this last time although i think i used waveout and not direct sound. It works if i use wave out and (game capture hd (video) (#01) but then i cant control the audio without messing with the windows volume and im not going to just do that for this, i want to be able to control it with OBS' mixer and the only way i can do that is if i Elgato game capture HD and not the (video) (#01) because for some reason it disappears from the mixer when i use that one. When i did originally use wave out or direct sound i would have lag on my capture, game and stream if i used the non (video) (01) the base drivers (video) (#01) after about 20-30 minutes but worked fine when i did use those base drivers. I'm trying another couple of things today will let you know how it goes.

it doesnt disappear because i have mine set up right now like that. So something on your end of things, probably clicked hide on it. You're suppose to be the "Game Capture HD60 Pro #1" because thats the one made for your capture card. I had my suspicions when you posted the pics of your settings because the the pro goes into a PCI slot, so no latency. The Elgato Capture HD was the software made for the original Elgato HD, so older and slower and can't handle nearly as much. So yes, you're gonna want that as your video capture.

If you want you can try and see if thats the only thing you need to change before you do anything else as far as audio settings and what not, because maybe that is all you need to do since you PC can handle it no problem. Let me know

it doesnt disappear because i have mine set up right now like that. So something on your end of things, probably clicked hide on it. You're suppose to be the "Game Capture HD60 Pro #1" because thats the one made for your capture card. I had my suspicions when you posted the pics of your settings because the the pro goes into a PCI slot, so no latency. The Elgato Capture HD was the software made for the original Elgato HD, so older and slower and can't handle nearly as much. So yes, you're gonna want that as your video capture.

If you want you can try and see if thats the only thing you need to change before you do anything else as far as audio settings and what not, because maybe that is all you need to do since you PC can handle it no problem. Let me know
Right now im running a test with that and monitor and output in advanced audio settings like you mentioned earlier, going to see what happens in an hour or 2. Heres hoping this will be the end of it, also running it as admin of course

Right now im running a test with that and monitor and output in advanced audio settings like you mentioned earlier, going to see what happens in an hour or 2. Heres hoping this will be the end of it, also running it as admin of course
Alright thats kool, good luck bud.

Alright thats kool, good luck bud.
Can safely say with that setting and capture audio only, still getting the desync i dont bloody understand... Is the cable that comes with the elgato bad by any chance? I dont think it would be a cable issue since i don't get any picture problems but still... What about FPS? Like in OBS you have the options like 30 and 60 but you also have the old 29.97 or 59.94 right? Does that matter in this case despite it not being an analogue thing?

Last edited:
Can safely say with that setting and capture audio only, still getting the desync i dont bloody understand... Is the cable that comes with the elgato bad by any chance? I dont think it would be a cable issue since i don't get any picture problems but still... What about FPS? Like in OBS you have the options like 30 and 60 but you also have the old 29.97 or 59.94 right? Does that matter in this case despite it not being an analogue thing?
you have the log? and im not entirely sure on that because i only used analog a few times before a long time ago. but that doesn't sound familiar. Did you have "Use Device Timestamps" unchecked? As far as FPS 30 is always fine, 60 is nice with fast paced games and stuff but is not needed, and your webcam is at 30 too, so your're not benefitting much from it anyways

Why is there a monitoring only for Streamlabs? And yes make sure timestamps is unchecked always, because that will for sure cause delay. Is the sound quality also 48000hz for your sound devices in windows? Also have you tried using NVENC
btw do you have audio filters need to not be used when testing

btw do you have audio filters need to not be used when testing
Why is there a monitoring only for Streamlabs? And yes make sure timestamps is unchecked always, because that will for sure cause delay. Is the sound quality also 48000hz for your sound devices in windows? Also have you tried using NVENC
No audio filters, all enalbed devices are using 48000hz, im not going to use NVENC because i dont have turning NVENC.
Streamlabs monitoring only is just for the separate alerts browser source. I dont have audio controlled by OBS for that browser source though.