Dual Monitors - One Monitor recording VERY washed out.

Achillesbulk

Hi all, using latest version of 64 bit OBS, Windows 10.
I have two monitors, Monitor #1 is a LG Ultragear (Display port), Monitor #2 is a Dell P2417H (HDMI).
When I record anything on Monitor #1, even though it looks fine on my actual monitor, on OBS the colors are extremely faded and dull. If I move the recording window to monitor 2, the colors look normal again.

Please see attached screen shots for reference:

Any thoughts as to a solution? I mean, I can just move what I want to record to monitor two, but it's not my primary display or a gaming monitor. So I am wondering why it all shows up so dull/faded.

Attachments

• Monitor 1 Colors Dull.JPG
    Monitor 1 Colors Dull.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Monitor 2 Colors OK.JPG
    Monitor 2 Colors OK.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 20

Blackink

Maybe one monitors display adaptor properties are different than the other monitor?
I would right click on your desktop and select Display settings, then scroll down in that window, look for and click on Advance Display settings.
Under the Display information, click on Display adaptor properties for Display (#1 or #2) depending on which monitor you had selected in the Display settings.
Once there, click on the Color Management tab, and click on the "Color Management..." box.
Now click on the Advanced tab.
Copy those settings down and then do the same thing with the other monitor selected (in Device Settings) and compare the settings.
Under the Devices tab, you can select the other monitor and see what settings are noted there.

I'm not sure if this will correct your problem but it's a good place to start to see if there are any differences in the settings between the 2 monitors. I would think so because you have 2 different monitors.