Question / Help Dual Monitor Game Crashes? HELP

ryanpage924321

I've wanted to start streaming for a long time, but I've needed a second monitor. I borrowed the one that I had been using on my spare computer downstairs and hooked it up to my gaming PC that I'm using now as a substitute for when I buy a new monitor. My primary monitor is using hdmi, and my second monitor is using dvi, and they're both connected to a gtx760.

I started to preview what the stream would look like, but for some reason, things started to go wrong. Getting it all set up was a hassle to begin with, but then, when I tried to open a game, like say, skyrim, it wouldn't work. What starts to happen is that the game will open, but as soon as I go into OBS to make sure the game capture source is on the right application, and I find the game and click "ok", all of the sudden the game just goes to a black screen with a blue border with the game's name on the top, and it just sits there. The music is still playing and the application isn't crashing or anything. I can still switch tabs, but for some reason, I can't actually DO anything when I switch tabs, because everything on the game monitor seems to still be hidden underneath this black box, even though I can see the taskbar. When I close OBS and just try to go back to the game, it still just sits as a black box.

With CS:GO, something different happens. OBS will be working fine, but when I open the game, the preview stops. When I restart the preview with the game open, the game simply minimizes, and when I re open it, the same thing happens. When I open the game while the stream is on a scene where the game is actually being captured, the game simply closes.

With modern warfare 2, the game crashes when I capture it. But the weird thing about this problem is that some games, like call of duty 4, portal, and deadcore, all seem to work fine when I try to stream them. I've never really had any problems with OBS before. I've used it plenty of times streaming off of one monitor, as pointless as that sounds, but it's always worked fine on any game I tried it with. I'd REALLY appreciate some help, and I'll go further into detail on the problems mentioned if anyone needs it. I'm going to try to update my drivers to see if that fixes the problem, which I doubt it will, but thanks anyways.