Dropping frames while streaming Apex legends and livestream ending due to instability

duuuulz

I have had this issue for weeks now. I've been blaming Apex cause it started since it's last update. But there could be something wrong with OBS too since I just restart my OBS and quickly restream and I can get back to live on Twitch. I don't get any error its just my chat telling me my stream is down.

What I observed when this happens are:
  • The encoding lag reaches red numbers
  • Game will start to drop frames as low as 28FPS
  • Twitch's little bitrate panel graph looks like a crpyto coin going up and down and down.
  • It only happens on Apex likely because it's high FPS?
  • I was using process lasso and shadowplay which I also both installed the week this started happening, both of which are now uninstalled but this still happens
  • I recently cleaned my PC of dust but that couldnt be it.
Here is a log file today, this happened 3 times this stream in 2hrs. Other times I can stream more than 2hrs after 1 occurrence. I force close OBS after this happens so I'm not sure how this affects the log file.

Attachments

• 2021-07-13 23-34-12.txt
    163.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 2021-07-14 00-05-38.txt
    144.1 KB · Views: 33

FerretBomb

00:18:22.264: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 16 (0.0%)
00:18:22.264: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 798 (1.8%)
Your connection is the problem, in that log. Fun part about the internet, 95% of your connection is entirely out of your control. Meaning it can change without YOU making any changes at all.
Run R1ch's Twitch Test tool. You want a server with a Quality of 100. If your score is less, your connection to that server is unstable, and will cause problems.

duuuulz

Under my circumstances that percentage is pretty normal ever since moving to twitch. My upload speed can be unstable and would go as low as 50%. Whenever this happens my game frames drops really low so that's kindda weird if it was just my ISP. I have a friend with ISP issues as well but does not affect his game.

duuuulz

So yesterday, I noticed that this is happening whenever I start to record. Or when I'm simultaneously recording. It seems my GPU is getting overloaded.. but I never changed the settings.. and it still only happens on Apex Legends.. The only setting I made the past few weeks was to lower the recording quality..

EDIT:
I will try to switch to SLOBs and see what happens with the same settings.