Dropping frames (Network) but amazing internet

Mullematsch

Title sums it up pretty well. Im dropping frames while streaming; all dropped frames (network), none due to rendering / encoding lag.
Read through a bunch of similar threads so I tried doing my homework and got the log file + Twitch bandwidth test screenshots.

Dropping more frames if I leave the setting "stream - server" on auto than if I change it to the best of the bandwidth test.
50+% dropped frames (network) if server setting on auto, 20% when I connected to Amsterdam 3.
Some of those servers of the Twitch bandwidth test screenshots I don't see in the obs server settings.

Log file is attached.

Link to (2) screenshots of the Twitch bandwidth test program:
1: https://i.imgur.com/GYNKyEd.png
2: https://i.imgur.com/HhkY2Ma.png

Screenshot of twitch inspector:

Link to the stream vod on twitch if that could be of help:

What mostly confuses me is that I did speed tests (several providers) pre & after stream:
900+Mbit/s download | 20-50Mbit/s upload | 18ms ping

I have been able to stream lagless with same settings in the past so I don't think the internet or settings are completely messed up and causing these issues - my confusion stems from the speedtests.
In my head if the stream is laggy / dropping frames due to the network that should also mean that speedtests show slow internet which is not the case.

Would appreciate help, thank you!

Attachments

• 2021-07-06 03-12-33.txt
    25.9 KB · Views: 62

Mullematsch

Like I mentioned in the thread, I tried doing my homework and already read through that. Nothing in there helps really.
Why should I lower the bitrate if my internet should be good enough, at least according to speedtests.
I tried different servers. Dynamic bitrate sounds nice but in other threads I read, that was causing some issues as well etc...

Harold

Speedtest.net (and other similar sites) tests are not compatible with testing a connection's reliability for streaming.

The first paragraph of the provided guide applies

Harold

Such is how internet routing can be. You can change nothing and the routes break on their own, then fix themselves on their own with no interference from you.