Dropped frames ONLY in OBS Preview. I'm going insane - please help me.

askylitcity

Hoping someone will have the answer. I'm using Elgato Game Capture Card HD60 S+ and an Xbox Series X. Gaming is done on my xbox and using the capture card to connect it to the PC. Then, I stream from OBS.

https://obsproject.com/logs/VRqOm0VOe965YEtx

There is an Elgato Game Capture Card HD60 S+ directly connected to my monitor and the capture is flawless, but the game capture in OBS preview clearly shows lost frames. As a result, my stream is not great as it shows the dropped frames. I can see the frame loss in the OBS preview so it's not my network. My web cam in OBS is not losing any frames in preview. My CPU and GPU isn't running anywhere close to hot when I'm streaming. What am I doing wrong?
GPU: GTX 1070

askylitcity

i5-3570K its very old how high is your CPU usage

18:38:06.628: YUV mode: 709/Full <---------use Partial
18:38:06.628: output resolution: 1024x576 <---------????? why so down realy you use 6000 bitrate?

your mediafiles
18:38:06.926: input: C:/Users/User/Documents/ending.mov
18:38:06.926: input_format: (null)
18:38:06.926: speed: 100
18:38:06.926: is_looping: yes
18:38:06.926: is_hw_decoding: no <----- yes to use hardware encoder and dont use mov
18:38:06.926: is_clear_on_media_end: yes
18:38:06.926: restart_on_activate: yes
18:38:06.926: close_when_inactive: no <- set yes or the videos run in background when not shown

Dont use
Game Capture HD60 S+
+
Cam Link 4K
on the same USB root hub

check it with https://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbtreeview_e.html

CPU is around 50% during streaming and recording.
Cam link and game capture are directly connected to the PC.
I lowered my resolution to 1024x576 in an attempt to fix the dropped frames :( I've tried 720 and kept lowering.

ParasiteEve

You may have encountered the same problem as many other people. This is a weird OBS problem that just is. The OBS preview stutters, the recordings also contain these stutters. No manipulation of the system or settings fixes this, right? If everything is so, and this happens on older versions of OBS too, then you have ended up in the club of the damned, because no one knows what it is and how to fix it. =(

sultanpepper

I had the same problem. What I did to resolve the issue is to change the OBS settings in Video and change from common FPS value to Integer FPS value, then max it to 120. It runs buttery smooth for most games, though I do experience some drop frames for games like God Of War Ragnarok. However, it does not happen as often, and it goes back to normal in milliseconds.

(Oh, I forgot to add that I'm using an Elgato HD60S+ connected to a PS5, as for the PC, it's a GTX1650 with an i5 9th gen CPU and 16GB of RAM)

Hope that helps!