DNX HR_HQX - Unable to Record

Hands

My system is having issues with DNX HR HQX.
HQ seems to work fine.

I'm seeing an error An unspecified error occurred while recordings. Failed to open video codec: Invalid argument

If any one could help, I'd appreciate it and could offer some testing in return with my system.
My settings are
Container – MOV - Video Bitrate – 55000 Kbps - Keyframe – 2 - Video Encoder – dnxhd - Video Encoder – profile=dnxhr_hq OR profile=dnxhr_hqx - Audio Bitrate - 192 Kbps - Select tracks 1 + 2 - Audio Encoder – pcm_s24l

My computer is a P620
Win 10
Ram 256 Gbs
GPU A4000

Using a blackmagic HDMI card for input.

Let me know if you have ideas. I don't touch the advanced page so maybe I'm missing something for 10 bit?

Hands

Thanks. I actually already read through that. I've been working on this issue for over a month.
Here is some info from the link with my comments in red.

Both the 444 and HQX variants use 10-bit color in HD or less, and either 10 or 12-bit color at 2K/UHD/4k resolutions. LB through HQX will always use 422 chroma subsampling, 444 will always use, well, 444 chroma subsampling. Still Confusing? You bet.

When I change to 10 bit in advanced, same errors shows.

What's worse is that FFMPEG won't actually encode to 12-bit DNxHR HQX/444 or ProRes 4444XQ, it only supports 10-bit color depth.
That all said, here's a command that will give the same video quality as the first DNxHD command above, but using DNxHR:

Notice how the codec variant is specified at the end of the profile option with an underscore before it.

If you wanted to transcode to HQX 10bit from a file with a different bitdepth/colorspace, you would do something like:
To go to 10-bit 444, you would need to give it a 2K or larger resolution file and do:

As before, you generally don't want to use 444 unless you're coming from a 444 colorspace file, or a raw capture format that FFMPEG can understand. Otherwise, it's a waste of storage space, and is much slower to encode.

Oh, and if you're wondering how the FFMPEG DNxHD/HR encoder compares to the equivalent presets in Adobe Media Encoder, know that it's very close, but just slightly softer.

The storage size nor is the slower encode an issue. I'd just want OBS to allow this to go through.
Also, I didn't mention, the same issue happens when I go just as high with ProRes.
What am I missing here?

rockbottom

I wonder if the custom output is only be viable for capturing 8-bit video? Maybe 10 & 12 bit are non starters.

Hands

Rock that's what I'm thinking. I'm struggling to find anyone else attempting DNX HQX or Prores 4444.
Maybe Prores would not be an issue for Mac but I'm on PC.
Also, I can grab some really high quality HEVC through a Black Magic Ultra Studio Extreme 3, then that would need to be converted.

koala

The ProRes codecs are very restricted in what format the input video has to be supplied to it. You have to supply a supported color space, a supported fps, a supported resolution, a supported color format. Probably also the audio format is restricted to some few predefined settings. If one of these are configured in OBS that's not supported in the chosen codec, the encoder will refuse to work.