Display Capture can't keep up

spencygg

I am a Minecraft streamer on twitch and I play pvp. I use a specific minecraft launcher called Lunar Client, which is a launcher enhanced for minecraft PvP. I alway used display capture, until yesterday when I noticed it was skipping a significant amount of frames. When switching it to game capture, my game began taking severe FPS hits, and I would drastically drop frames. I'm either being forced to play where I'm fine and the viewers deal with incredible lag, or I am forced to play at a framerate at which I cannot. How do I fix this? I tested the display capture on multiple other games, the two most notable being Carrion, and Rocket League, and all the games I played while using display capture had no issue. Only Minecraft.

Below is a link to what the recording looks like, and its the same whether I am streaming or recording.

FerretBomb

We'd need a logfile from a recording session where the issue occurred, to be able to troubleshoot the issue.
Display Capture is the least-performant capture method though, and should be avoided at all costs.

spencygg

Last edited:

FerretBomb

From the logs provided, you're getting rendering and encoding lag, using NVENC. Disable Lookahead and Psychovisual Tuning.
Those two (and Max Quality, but you're already using Quality so that isn't an issue) tend to cause problems for no apparent reason.

spencygg

From the logs provided, you're getting rendering and encoding lag, using NVENC. Disable Lookahead and Psychovisual Tuning.
Those two (and Max Quality, but you're already using Quality so that isn't an issue) tend to cause problems for no apparent reason.

This actually worked! Thank you so much I really appreciate it!