Display capture - can't change monitor

DesktopMan

Problem description
Changing the display in display capture does nothing. It still captures my secondary monitor even if I choose my primary monitor. I've tried a clean install of OBS, same result. This setup was working perfectly fine in OBS 28.

Monitor setup
  • Primary: LG 42" OLED (4k)
  • Secondary: DP dongle (1080p)
    One of those gizmos that activates the output so you can use it as a virtual monitor.
  • GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080
OBS version: 29.0.0
Nvidia driver: 528.02

gatherium

i just updated obs to v29 and im having this same exact issue. the only way i can get my main monitor to be captured in obs is if i disconnect my 2nd monitor via windows display settings.

Oritrix

This has just happened to me after the 29.1.1 update, I select primary monitor and it keeps reverting to my secondary. Does anyone have a solution.

Nairulino

The same thing happened to me, I had 4 monitors connected to the graphics card, but one of them was disconnected in the windows display panel. I solved it by disconnecting that monitor or activating it, I don't know why but if you have a monitor connected and deactivated it doesn't work.

This has just happened to me after the 29.1.1 update, I select primary monitor and it keeps reverting to my secondary. Does anyone have a solution.