Question / Help Directx9?

itzblaze111

I am posting this because I am wondering if any version of obs (classic,mp or studio) have support for directx 9. I have a dell poweredge 1600sc and it has 2 decent cpus but I put a geforce fx 5200 inside it. I need to run a stream 24/7 and I would like to know if there is any way i can get a version with dx 9 support, thanks

koala

You will not be able to successfully run any modern streaming software on that hardware. This server hit the market 17 years ago and was designed for Windows 2000 server. The CPUs of that machine are completely obsolete. They are dwarved even by current cheapest notebook processors, Smartphones, probably even by a Raspberry Pi.

itzblaze111

I was able to run a 24/7 stream on a pentium dual core, I have windows 7 installed on this poweredge, I am just wondering if there is any version of obs that can run directx9

FerretBomb

Microsoft DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces for handling tasks related to multimedia, especially game programming and video, on Microsoft platforms. Originally, the names of these APIs all began with Direct, such as Direct3D.
Why are you necroposting something from almost a year ago to talk about generalized DX?